Search results

1. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Wall hung toilet - Toto vs the rest

Thank you for the message. I was worried about mixing and matching. The Toto bowl we're going with is listed as one recommended by Geberit. Everything is in transit (flush system, bowl) and I guess we'll see next week how everything fits together, when everything is delivered. Thanks for your help.
  2. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Thank you for the reply, this is appreciated. It looks like we will go with Geberit Duofix 1.28/0.8GPF, with a Toto CT426CFG bowl (seems to be the only unit I can get that does not require a custom seat).
  3. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Hi: I am in need of installing a wall hung toilet, to accommodate for space in a powder room, but also because of constraints routing the drain (cannot go through the floor). Since the flush mechanism would be in the wall and difficult to service (I understand though that part of the mechanism...
  4. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Is my boiler operating properly or is it defective/undersized?

With these modifications, I can see a different behavior. The boiler seems to be activated more often, for shorter runs, i.e. 10min on, 10min off and so on. I am guessing this is to maintain minimum temperature in the system. The issue I am observing with this is that in 10 minutes the water...
  5. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Thank you for pointing me to this manual. This is what I had in the thermostat Function 1: 2 (heat only), which I believe is correct. Function 5: 1 (gas/oil steam or gravity system), changed to 3 (hot water or high-efficiency furnace). Function 13: 1 (smart response technology on).
  6. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Thank you for the reply. When going through the user manual here: http://www.completeheating.ca/images/pdf/RTH6400D.pdf I am not sure I am finding an equivalent setting than you are referring to.
  7. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Thanks for the reply. The heat loss study from 2 different plumbing companies suggested that the house needed a net 100kBTU boiler. And so, when the old 210kBTU boiler died, the first boiler that was installed was in fact a CGI-5 with a rating of 119kBTU . This boiler could not maintain heat in...
  8. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Thanks for your reply, I apologize for my late reply. When I supply the supply side I do get more bypass flow and a higher temperature mix of return and bypass, though I am not getting much warm water on the supply circuits, particularly the circuits in the upper floors. The thermostat I am...
  9. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

I took the measurements and observed something interesting. Maybe this is normal operation, I am not sure, I had never looked at my gas meter before. I only have the boiler on the meter. What I can see is that there is an alternating time pattern to burn 1 cu ft of gas. One cu ft will be burnt...
  10. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Thanks for the headsup, I missed the formula. I will go out and measure the time in seconds of how long it takes to go through 1 cu ft of gas, I will do this at the next boiler run.
  11. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Here is a picture of the digital thermometer. Disregard the blue line, I cropped the picture just to focus on the graph. The red line is the return temperature. Time flows from right to left, so the right side is the latest measurement, the left side is the oldest measurement. At the beginning...
  12. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Thanks for the reply. I can never reach that 60C water temp return particularly if the bypass is closed. To reach this temp I need to both fully open the bypass and partially close the supply isolation valve. I am not sure how to check what the BTU per cu.ft. I am supposed to have a call with...
  13. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure how to add pictures so I will describe the system from the boiler up to the manifolds. To answer your questions: - Weil-McLain CGI-6, 8 years old, - Cast iron rads, over 3 stairs. Various sizes and shapes. I provided rad counts, column numbers, radiator...
  14. Jean-Sebastien Stoezel

Hello, About 8 years ago I replaced an older Smith boiler with a new, well known brand. The old boiler was rated for 210kBTU, the new one is rated for 167kBTU. Comparing the effectiveness of the 2 boilers, the old one used to put out a tremendous amount of heat, to the point where some rads...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks