Search results

1. NickLo

Sink drain into floor drain.

Thanks for the reply, but don’t need a mop sink. Already have one in the laundry room. I could make a tiered vertical drain line with an access cap on top and combine the drain lines to free up some space.
  2. NickLo

Sink drain into floor drain.

Hello everyone. I did not see a post about this and wanted to check how the best way (following code) to do this.. I wanted to install a sink for a wet bar in my basement. I have a floor drain that connects to a sump that is connected to my main septic tank. The floor drain also catches any...
  3. NickLo

Drain lines for basement bathroom and laundry

@wwhitney yeah I was actually wondering if anyone else was going to chime in.
  4. NickLo

@wwhitney , ok I made them gif, so they would show up in the thread. Yeah oddly enough the rebar seems to be on the lower end of the slab. I will fold down the hog wire here shortly for sure. Yeah I was considering sealing the vb just to try and ensure a better barrier I guess. Ok, tracking...
  5. NickLo

@wwhitney ok, I got the rebar tied and the vapor barrier put in. Here are a few images. I was going to just use liquid nails to adhere the new vb to the old one as much as possible. I don't have overlay in all spots but not sure what else to do there. I also have these spaces I was going to put...
  6. NickLo

That is what I meant, and I suspected it wouldn't be a good idea, but it's always so helpful to have someone help with you a sanity check. I've seen some of those boxed in methods when I was researching. I was thinking about doing what you had suggested so I could make sure everything was on...
  7. NickLo

Ok thanks for the head's up on the flange and foam isolation material. When you mentioned the dry fitting, I tried to get them to bottom out as much as possible, but it was difficult for sure. I'll take note of where the position of everything is now and glue piece by piece making sure I keep my...
  8. NickLo

@wwhitney Here are the photos of the DryFitting and rebar. Not sure why my photos are too large to upload directly. Might need to save them in a different format. From the pics, you should be able to see the two places I cut the rebar. I plan to bend them back down and place a stim of rebar...
  9. NickLo

Thanks as always Wayne. When I would try and upload the photos, I would get a size limitation. I'll shoot you a photo if needed, but your explanation makes sense without sending one.
  10. NickLo

Thanks @wwhitney, 1. I think it's sloped a little more than it needs to be based on where my level shows, I'll look into that first. Code has it at 1/4 per foot of course and I'm over that. @Terry asking for clarity on the plumb if you're able to answer. Thanks for your help. 2. Ok thanks on...
  11. NickLo

@wwhitney, I've been out for a while. Work has been rough but I'm back at it again. Few questions I had... 1. Being mindful of the slope for the rough in plumbing, I've noticed that the riser coming out of the ground isn't completely plumb. Is this because the slope is too much or how do I...
  12. NickLo

Thanks so much for the explanation! I'm trying to make sure I do this right and learn along the way. So I'll either see if I have enough room to connect them with street joints like you had suggested or break up some more concrete and start fresh. I'll keep ya posted. Thanks Nick
  13. NickLo

Ok, why do you have to have it after the lav drain exactly? Just wanted to educate myself on it and understand more. I've been trying to read up on the IPC as much as possible so I like to learn this stuff too. So I think it's going to be tight...but using street wyes just might make it work...
  14. NickLo

@wwhitney , Here is a really simple one...the lines/text in red are new and the black lines would be the ones I'd keep in place. Let me know if this isn't detailed enough and I can do the SketchUp pipe one..it just takes longer. https://imgur.com/KyEwbof https://imgur.com/9lB5RpA
  15. NickLo

@wwhitney, I think your second suggestion would be easier to due to given the configuration. Here are some photos with more of the dirt and rocks pulled away. https://imgur.com/gGUZfN7 https://imgur.com/wDGn0wx https://imgur.com/5gPfpsE So here was what I was looking at doing... Starting...
  16. NickLo

Sorry, I stated that wrong. After the jackhammering I was enjoying a beer and most likely had one too many.... So they all connect with a wye. The Shower/Drain 1 (2" vertical pipe) is connected with a combo wye, and same with the WC/drain 2. Yes, I'm not sure why they framed the wall offset...
  17. NickLo

@wwhitney - Well I had the rotary hammer rented, so I figured I'd check it out anyway. Here is what I found..... I made the first drawing just to show the lines since some of them were covered with plastic and dirt. The shower drain and left 2" drain connect together. And the WC, right 2"...
  18. NickLo

Ok, looks like I have a lot more concrete to jack up haha. You're right though, don't want to assume. Also I was planning to keep everything 2" including the vent since the vent up in the joists is already 2". Thanks again for the quick reply.
  19. NickLo

@wwhitney - update for you and anyone else. Thanks again for all your help. So when I was making my layouts for the shower pan I will end up having to move the WC drain. So I went ahead and started busting out the concrete to hopefully determine the layouts of the rough in plumbing. So far I...
  20. NickLo

Cool, Yeah that's kinda what I was going for, but that pic helps alot. Thanks for all the help again!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks