Clearwater, FL woman wants a clothes dryer in 3rd (top floor) condo. (Top of the World)

Users who are viewing this thread

Robert Gift

Reaction score
The dryer would be in the kitchen. Though there is 220 for the electric range/oven, would a dedicated circuit be required for the clothes dryer?
She says there is a crawl space between her ceiling and condo roof.

Thank you.

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Called the Building Department. As expected, must be dedicated 220 circuit.
Do not khow it can be done without opening drywall unless it can go up from the electrical panel, over and then down the kitchen wall.

Afjes

Reaction score
Yes, an electric dryer needs a dedicated circuit - 30 amp 120/240volts, not 220v
If running the circuit on the inside is out of the question then if need be you can run it out from the basement (where I assume the panel is), outside and then up the outside of the building.

You have not really given us much information to go by in the way the building is constructed. Where is her electric panel compared to where the dryer is going to be.

Robert Gift

Reaction score
Ha! We always called it 110/220.
Thank you.
She is on the third floor. Seems like these were apartments converted to condominiums.
Theyvill not allow anything run outside. Doubthathey would even allow a dryer vent.
She still has not sent a requested photof the panel and where it is.
Anything she does will be a co$tly problem.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
it seems to me that a permit to add a clothes dryer would require a vent ? You either need to do this bootleg on the down low or concider that this might be unfeasable. the washer sounds like a no go to me as well