Kinetico quad 51 rebuild or get a new system

Users who are viewing this thread

shirl001

Reaction score
We have a 16 years old Kinetico quad 51 water softener. The water pressure is weak when going through the water softener and sometime we ca taste slight saltiness in the water during recirculation. I think we need the system to be rebuild and was quoted $1350 to rebuild the resin, carbon filter and the controller. Would doing that fix the water issue and the saltiness? Is this a reasonable price for the rebuild Should we do the rebuild or get a new water softener?Any recommendation on the new water softener? We are family of 5 people (4 bathroom) with city water of about 19GPG. Thank you.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Personally, I would lean toward replacement, Kinetico makes some wonderful equipment but the proprietary nature of the equipment can be difficult if your local dealer is not great. Most Kinetico dealers I work with are really good companies, a few are difficult.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
The dealer in our town is very, very difficult to work with and will not make repairs to any
unit even if its under 8 years old..... one of my customers that I know actually took out his unit and drove it 95 miles
over to Illinois to get the unit rebuilt by another dealer because our Kinnictico dealer is a prick. The dealer in
the next county over from us could not touch the unit for fear of franchise issues so this guy was bound and determined to get it repaired so he lugged the unit over to the state line for repairs.....lol.......

you should go with a Clack or Fleck unit and divorce yourself from the proprietary equipment

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks