Eaton Dual-Purpose breaker keeps tripping

Users who are viewing this thread

Gmomma

Reaction score
Hey, all, may be too late for some, but I have had the same issue (& so has many of my neighbors....) with Eaton AF/GF type CH breakers tripping for no reason. House is just over 3 yrs old. 1st on the Washing machine recept., next on the Dryer (120V) recept and now the Dishwasher. The breakers were giving me 6 blinks, indicating the breaker was just "bad". At this point, I had already replaced the 1st 2 at $52/ea. & decided this is BS! So I contacted Eaton (I worked in Elec Eng for the Oil/Gas industry for over 30 yrs & their industrial brand products were the crem-de-la-crem so I knew they SHOULD be a good product). My fellow co-worker, who serves on a NEC committee had told me the technology on these just can't handle the noise when a motor is on the ckt. :-((
Long story short, the Eaton rep informed me that these breakers (Type CH) have a LIFETIME warranty and all I need to do is take the bad breaker to a local supply house (he provided names of several to choose from) and swap out the bad for a new one - no receipt or purchase info required.
So, if you are getting trip code 6, call Eaton Technical support for the names of Electrical supply houses that are available to give you a swap.
Type BR breakers have a 10-yr Warranty, and Eaton probably provides the same swap-out service for those.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks