Recent content by willinnj

1. willinnj

Loud thud/slapping noise after well pressure tank cut off at 60 psi

Great! Thanks for the suggestion. Appreciate it. I will call around and see.
  2. willinnj

:) I wonder if they will do it if this is actually a requirement in central NJ. The well companies that I called told me it is required. Or do you mean for them to switch out the checkvalve with a new one? Thanks.
  3. willinnj

Hi Craig, Yes, I did a google search and there seems to be local trade schools in central NJ.
  4. willinnj

Thanks! I am afraid it may be beyond my skillset and I don't want the wife to nag at me for leaving us without water so I am going to ask a plumber to see if he can help
  5. willinnj

The trip is less than 30 minutes each way for all three companies that I have contacted. Therefore, around one hour round trip. I may just call my plumber to see if he wants to help me remove it and put it back. He told me that he does not work with well units and doesn't want to leave me with...
  6. willinnj

Thanks valveman! Repeating a question that I had earlier: I found the Sta Rite manual and it seems that the pump was installed 10 years ago in November 2004. Therefore, if I need to pull the pump, would it be better to replace the pump instead of replacing the lower check valve (as I suspect...
  7. willinnj

I may just have to do this since it seems that it is either going to cost me a lot of money from the company yesterday or it is too small of a job for two other companies. I am trying to find a youtube video on how to take out the valve but have not found any. I called the previous owner and...
  8. willinnj

Yes, $450+ ballpark figure as he says that it most likely will take 2 to 3 hours (plus trip fee) and the part is $60+. I called another two companies and both asked similar questions on whether there is air when I open the faucets and told me that it is most likely the check valve near the...
  9. willinnj

Thanks for the replies! It took approximately 60 seconds to go from 40 psi to 60. I am a layman in this and do not know what a Schrader valve is but will read into it. Is this a DIY project to pull the check valve from the control unit? I called around and a well guy told me if there is...
  10. willinnj

I do not think there is anything between the incoming water and pressure tank and the video kind of shows where the pipe comes in from the wall into the "big brass thing". I am not sure if it is a check valve. After this manifold/valve connection is a T connection to vertical pipe that leads...
  11. willinnj

I just moved into my new place and there is a weird noise within seconds after my pressure tank reaches its cut out point at 60 PSI. It cuts in very quietly with a click.However, at the cut out point, I hear the click of the pressure switch and then a loud thud or slapping sound. Does anyone...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks