Recent content by Victorr

1. Victorr

Cast Iron to PVC?

Hey Terry, thanks for the reply. It is indeed a rubber insert into a cast iron hub, I was able to remove the PVC, but am wondering if I should replace the rubber insert or just put back a PVC pipe. Do you know how long these rubber insert usually last? The house is 40 years old. Thanks a lot...
  2. Victorr

Cast Iron to PVC?

Hey Reach, thanks for the reply! The trap adapter is broken or rusted, I can't tight it. I want to remove the PVC trap adapter that goes into that rubber thing to just put a 1.5" PVC pipe that would fit in my new tub drain kit, but I am not sure how to do it, do I just pull?. Don't want to...
  3. Victorr

Cast Iron to PVC?

Hello, I am redoing the drain for my bathtub and I encountered this. This rubber thing connect to what I think is cast iron to my PVC tub drain. Can I just remove the PVC assembly shown in the picture and install a new PVC pipe into the rubber thing? If yes, do I just pull the PVC assembly from...
  4. Victorr

Loop Venting

Would that be better than the other drawings? Also, for the cleanouts, would I be allowed to use a flush cleanout tee at these three locations? (see attached picture) Thank you! Victor
  5. Victorr

Loop Venting

I came across a drawing that state no fixture should be connected upstream to the system. (see attached picture) Therefore, should I go back into doing this following setup?
  6. Victorr

Loop Venting

I had never heard of the stud shoe, but that is pretty amazing. For the four studs... not really, I just wanted to oversize for peace of mind. Is there a table that tells us how much bigger (for the hole) we are allowed to go with a stud shoe? Also, if I was able to do a normal venting system...
  7. Victorr

Loop Venting

I looked up how big of a hole I was allowed to make in a 2x4 load bearing wall, and it shows 1-7/16" MAX, or a notch of 7/8" deep MAX. Here is my configuration: I am only left with doing a loop vent, correct?
  8. Victorr

Loop Venting

Thanks for the reply Terry. I also read that some jurisdictions would not allow a loop vent on a sink that is not on an island, is that the case? I am planning to have all the piping above floor inside the stud cavity, and only give access to the cleanouts, is that ok? If I were to simplify...
  9. Victorr

Loop Venting

Renovating a 1978 house, I just installed a larger window on top of the kitchen sink, and I am not going to be able to have a trap arm connecting directly to the vent for a structural reason. I am now obligated to do a loop venting (right?), I have already read multiple threads about it, but I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks