Recent content by tknx

1. tknx

Toto K300 washlets not recognizing someone sitting

We had three Toto washlets installed. 1 works, but the other two don’t seem to trigger on someone sitting on them. I can get them to trigger by hand but something is off when seated. Any thoughts?
  2. tknx

Toto K300 washlets tripping GFCIs

We have two new K300s installed. One of them worked fine for a couple of days but now trips the 20-amp GFCI right away. The other trips it right away and has never worked. Anyone have any suggestions as to what is going on?
  3. tknx

Toto MS-series Washlet-ready seats

So to further elaborate. I have an NIB S350e that I can't use on an Aquia IV toilet. Is there any way to make it work? Unfortunately I can't return it for the S550e.
  4. tknx

Toto MS-series Washlet-ready seats

So the washlet ready toilets have a limited selection of available seats that cover the washlet inlet. We would like to get a seat with the integrated flip-down child seat for one of our Aquia IVs. Is there a cover or gasket or something we could use to plug the washlet hole for now? We will...
  5. tknx

Whole house water filters

Thanks bannerman. I didn't notice that the third one was not a backwash one and removed it. The valves on theirs are some proprietary one they call the Matrixx - made in the US, so probably someone known. I am planning on having a plumber put it in. He doesn't do that many filters, so I wanted...
  6. tknx

Whole house water filters

My wife was interested in chloramine reduction and just not dealing with separate filters everywhere we might drink water. We don't need softening (but this forum seemed to be the closest). We are located in Oakland, California if that is at all helpful. We were looking at two different systems...
  7. tknx

Simple greywater

Our thinking was that typically shower and laundry run off is quite alkaline, as is the local soil, so mixing in some acid won't hurt. But that would require a tank instead of direct run off. Typically the condensate is neutralized with a limestone filter, so we could just do that as well. I...
  8. tknx

Heat pumps viable? Vs tank vs tankless

Yeah - this is why I have been so miserable finding a contractor. One HVAC contractor I spoke to (who only does repairs now), told me he thinks the Bay area has the worst HVAC contractors in the country because it is generally temperate here. I believe him. Just two examples: One guy came in...
  9. tknx

Simple greywater

California is a drought area that thinks it isn't You do have to be careful with dishwasher because if food scraps. Art Ludwig, a greywater guy, suggests that systems be as simple as possible. No tanks. No pumps. https://goo.gl/2vfjme The New Create an Oasis with Greywater (book) - Oasis...
  10. tknx

Simple greywater

Yeah. The more I read about it, the less inclined I am to try it. The limitations on detergents pretty much ruin it. Showers seem easier except that it requires a permit here. I don't want to deal with a tank or pump. Furnace and water heater condensate. Just neutralize it and send it out...
  11. tknx

Okay. Sounds like this is a question for the on site plumber. Thanks. That was super helpful and made a lot of sense.
  12. tknx

We will have four stories to cover for water heater to top floor. Ideally the pump would be a bit of both - start at around 5:30am, stop at 8:30am. Then around 4pm check and maintain the temp til 8pm. That would cover our usage periods.
  13. tknx

Simple greywater

Besides laundry to lawn greywater. What else are low hanging fruit? Furnace and hot water condensers? Acidic, but I could neutralize it with limestone. AC condensate has Legionella risk which I don't want to deal with unless there is an easy solution. UV lights seem to be $500. Too pricey I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks