Recent content by Shobuddy

1. Shobuddy

Seal Sump Pump

Thank you for the responses. The three pipes going to the hole are for condensation from the HVAC and water heaters. The sump pump is just for ground water and is pumped outside the house vs into the sewer system. You mentioned sewer gases, this system and the sewer system are completely...
  2. Shobuddy

Seal Sump Pump

The attached image is next to the furnace in my unfinished basement. It leads to the sump pump and was left this way by the builders. There is water at the bottom of the hole. My question is, does this hole need to be closed/sealed (to avoid critters getting in) or is it OK to leave it as is.
  3. Shobuddy

New Floodlight Install - power source/wiring advice

Thanks again, does that electrical box sit on the wall or does a hole need to be drilled to fit it in the wall? Or does it matter?
  4. Shobuddy

You are right, I should get the unit first and check the documentation. It will probably answer a lot of my questions. This is the unit I'm looking to get: https://www.eufylife.com/products/variant/smart-floodlight-with-camera/T84201W1
  5. Shobuddy

Thanks for the response. Would it be "plugged" into the outlet or tapped into the outlet? It would be a motion sensor w/camera so I hadn't planned on having a switch.
  6. Shobuddy

I'm looking to have a floodlight installed at my house. I'm going to have an electrician do the work as I'm a novice with electrical DIY but before I call the electrician, I want to get advice on the best way to wire a power source for the floodlight. The first attached image shows where two...
  7. Shobuddy

Posi-Temp Shower faucet control directions changed after cartridge replacement

Thanks for the responses! Using the Moen 1222 cartridge and rotating the stem worked.
  8. Shobuddy

Posi-Temp Shower faucet control directions changed after cartridge replacement

I just replaced the cartridge on my Moen single handle shower. The controls used to be as follows: South - Off East - Cold North - Warm West - Hot After putting it back together, everything shifted 180 degrees so now it is: South - Warm East - Hot North - Off West - Cold Not sure what I did...
  9. Shobuddy

Hose bib leaks inside home

Thanks for the response! Maryland does get freezes, sometimes deep freezes. I always make sure to shut down the cut-off valves going into winter and draining the pipes. That said, I'm not sure if the pipe was left on all winter as its my wife that uses it almost exclusively. What do I need to...
  10. Shobuddy

Hose bib leaks inside home

When I open the shut-off valve (located in my basement) to spigot on the front of my house and open the spigot, I get a leak in my basement coming from the wall where the piping goes thru. Luckily my basement is unfinished so I can see where the water is dripping/leaking from. In the image...
  11. Shobuddy

Toilet bowl continues to fill after flushing

The water level was almost to the top of the overflow so I adjusted it to about an inch below the overflow. It still flushes fine and I'm happy with the adjustment. Thank you for all the information. Learned a few things.
  12. Shobuddy

Here's an image of the tank. Can you tell if the refill valve can be adjusted? https://ibb.co/dFZRrR
  13. Shobuddy

Thank you for the response. I will take a video and post it this evening.
  14. Shobuddy

Sorry, didn't realize it was bold. I'll look into that option. This is a new construction home about a year old so I figure it is operating as it should. Moreover, is the way it functions normal?
  15. Shobuddy

I'm a plumbing novice. I noticed the toilet bowls in my home continue to fill with water after flushing and they only stop filling when the tank is full. Is this normal behavior? I ask because shortly after flushing, the bowl is full and the continued filling of the bowl is a waste of water...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks