Posi-Temp Shower faucet control directions changed after cartridge replacement

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Shobuddy, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Shobuddy

Shobuddy New Member

I just replaced the cartridge on my Moen single handle shower. The controls used to be as follows:

South - Off
    East - Cold
    North - Warm
    West - Hot

After putting it back together, everything shifted 180 degrees so now it is:

South - Warm
    East - Hot
    North - Off
    West - Cold

Not sure what I did wrong putting it back together. Any input would be great.

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    The cartridge can be reversed in case the hot and the cold were not plumbed correctly.
    Remove the clip, pull it out slightly and rotate the cartridge 180 degrees.

[​IMG]

Normally at the top of the cartridge, there will be on H on the left side, assuming there was hot plumbed to the left of the valve.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2020
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Marlinman

Marlinman In the Trades

5. hj

hj Master Plumber

Plumber
    Whether they rotate the cartridge or rotate the stem depends on WHICH Moen stem it is.

6. Shobuddy

Shobuddy New Member

Thanks for the responses! Using the Moen 1222 cartridge and rotating the stem worked.