Recent content by Shawn Prathger

1. Shawn Prathger

Filter out sand before it gets to the pump

My pressure switch was full of sand again today causing all sorts of issues. Is there a filter system I can set up in-line between the pump and the well to pull out sediment and sand? Ideally, it should be easy to clean-out, well-made and inexpensive.
  2. Shawn Prathger

I need a little more pressure in my life... shallow well issue

Problem fixed - not solved. The pressure switch full of sand again. Is there a filter system I can set up in=line between the pump and the well to pull out sediment and sand?
  3. Shawn Prathger

I need a little more pressure in my life... shallow well issue

I hope someone out there in the world can help me. I have a shallow (sand point) well. When I turn on a faucet, flush a toilet, etc. the pressure immediately drops to zero (0). I've collected less than a gallon in a bucket before it hits zero. The pump does not kick on at the low pressure point...
  4. Shawn Prathger

Shallow well is drawing sand

I live in a rural area and have been on a driven, sand-point well for years. Recently, I noticed the amount of water available was gradually getting less and less. I decided it was the point clogging up. A few days ago, the pump motor burned up, I assume from the same issue. Since I had the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks