I need a little more pressure in my life... shallow well issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Shawn Prathger

Reaction score
I hope someone out there in the world can help me.
I have a shallow (sand point) well. When I turn on a faucet, flush a toilet, etc. the pressure immediately drops to zero (0). I've collected less than a gallon in a bucket before it hits zero. The pump does not kick on at the low pressure point (40 psi). If I manually trip the pressure switch, the pressure quickly (too quickly?) goes back up to high pressure (60 psi). The pressure holds firm if I shut off the main line to the house, the pressure holds if nothing is running in the house.
I've replaced the pressure switch. The whole system is relatively new (including driving a new line into the ground, new pump, new tank) and has been working fine the pressure issue is brand new - last couple of days. I have had to clean out sand from the previous pressure switch.
What am I missing here?

Last edited:

Shawn Prathger

Reaction score
Problem fixed - not solved. The pressure switch full of sand again. Is there a filter system I can set up in=line between the pump and the well to pull out sediment and sand?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks