Recent content by samboski

1. samboski

Hydronic Pipes Ticking/Popping In Really Tight Holes

Good point Terry! Unfortunately, the holes drilled almost 50 years ago made that an impossibility in my case. Any suggestions for action I can take to mitigate this issue?
  2. samboski

What a great tip! I bought an oscillating tool and have been able to turn those super tight round holes into reasonably sized square holes. Thanks so much for the advice - I've been able to fix my issue and now have a really cool tool that I'm sure I'll be able to use in the future.
  3. samboski

Replace Copper with PEX?

We're remodeling our basement and have really good access to everything right now. One part of this project is replacing our 45 year old copper plumbing with PEX. We're on a well (hard water) and have been experiencing pinhole leaks in our potable plumbing system since buying the house almost...
  4. samboski

I get the classic popping/ticking noises as my copper hydronic heat pipes heat/cool and have some areas that the pipes are going through very tight holes in the floor joists. I have full access to everything right now as we're remodeling the basement and that ceiling is torn down. I've tried...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks