Recent content by Piperca

1. Piperca

Re-plumb house using Viega manablock; questions.

After reading the responses, I’m leaning towards running the 3/4” line (looped), with a small manifold stubbing out at each location (each bath and kitchen) to accommodate each fixture. More main supply line, but less 1/2” runs (couple/three feet) to each fixture. I’ll have more joints with...
  2. Piperca

Thanks for the responses! I did a little more research and found my idea will not work, as the manabloc is specific to PEX-B only. I found a closed trunk manifold, made by Sharkbite, that looks like it would work. It’s polysulfone construction and has 3/4” service with 6 x 1/2” ports. I...
  3. Piperca

I am going to tackle a re-plumb of my home using copper as the main line from the garage to the plumbing chase that is located in the center of my home. From there, I intend on using PEX-A from a Viega Manablock to supply two bathrooms and a kitchen. The kitchen is on one side of the plumbing...
  4. Piperca

Bypass softener for drinking water?

3/4” it is. Thank you for the input.
  5. Piperca

Bypass softener for drinking water?

I’m getting ready to do a repipe and will be integrating a water softener. I would like to run a bypass from before the softener to accommodate drinking water. The bypass line would service a refrigerator line and a pot filler. I am intending on running the non softened water line to a...
  6. Piperca

PEX re-pipe question.

Great information, thank you!
  7. Piperca

PEX re-pipe question.

Thank you for your input, it now makes sense. So, I'm assuming, the recirculation line should run from the end of the trunked 3/4 line, correct? What pump setup would you recommend and is there any tips/tricks that would help in making it run most efficiently?
  8. Piperca

PEX re-pipe question.

I experienced a recent slab leak. I need to re-pipe and was considering PEX pipe. My house is approximately 1500 square feet. The plumbing chase is in the center of the house, which services two bathrooms (back to back) on one side of the chase and the kitchen on the other. It would require...
  9. Piperca

Eco Drake versus Ultramax?

Actually, the Drake has 1-1/8" and the Drake II has 1-1/4" ... not sure why there's a difference. The Drake II has a different shaped tank, too ... nicer looking toilet all around!
  10. Piperca

Thanks, Jim ... looks like the Drake II has a full 1-1/4" behind the tank ... makes the decision pretty easy! :)
  11. Piperca

Geez, I hate to do this to you all ... I just stumbled across the Drake II with CEFIONTECT ... I like it very much ... how does it perform?
  12. Piperca

Thanks for the input, TTG! I think it is an Ultramax II for us! The wife likes the "no rim" idea. I guess I'll report back with our findings, once we have a chance to evaluate it. Terry, I'd appreciate your input regarding the space behind the Ultramax II's tank. As I said, I am down to a...
  13. Piperca

Terry, thanks for the response; however, I have a new dilemma. The wife just got back from the neighbor's house and they are looking at the Ultramax II with CEFIONTECT ... Holy Smokes! Can you give me your opinion on this toilet? The neighbors have it as the best thing since sliced bread...
  14. Piperca

I purchased a 1.6l Drake with CEFIONTECT a couple of days ago, but I got a call today that it is out of stock and will not be available for 4-6 weeks, so the salesman gave me a couple of options: 1. Eco Drake with CEFIONTECT for the same price or 2. Ultramax one-piece with CEFIONTECT for...
  15. Piperca

Thermostatic mixer/diverter/flow valve.

Thanks for the responses. For simplicity we decided to go with the Thermobalance II. We haven't used it yet, since I am still working on the tile, but hope that it suits our needs. The wife likes the handshower and I'm not fussy. I liked the look of the Axor stuff, but, in the end, I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks