Bypass softener for drinking water?

Users who are viewing this thread

Piperca

Reaction score
I’m getting ready to do a repipe and will be integrating a water softener. I would like to run a bypass from before the softener to accommodate drinking water. The bypass line would service a refrigerator line and a pot filler. I am intending on running the non softened water line to a manifold for future expansion, if ever necessary. Would running two 3/4” lines - one before and one after the softener - be overkill?

OLD TIMER

Reaction score
If your running to a manifold for future lines then you want 3/4" or you may not have the pressure you want.

Reach4

Reaction score
1/2 pex from unsoftened to the pot filler sound like more than enough. Fridge is a small flow, and could be disregarded I think.

However, being cold, using 3/4 would be fine. Just bigger and stiffer. So no harm from overkill.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks