Recent content by pdq

1. pdq

Kinetico softener massively leaking resin despite new tanks

Some f/u. The Kinetico guy came back out today, confirmed the resin leak, and took the softener apart. There was a broken top basket (IIRC) on the main resin tank (which they didn't see before?) and that resin tank was roughly half empty now. (!) He suggested several options: 1) replace the...
  2. pdq

To my knowledge, the valve has not been rebuilt. But would that lead to a resin leak? Also I wasn't home when they were here (the wife was), so I don't know if they replaced the riser and/or distributor. As far as we know, they just put in new resin tanks containing new resin.
  3. pdq

Thanks- do you think I should try to get them to repair these (they've kind of had two tries at this), or am I just throwing good money after bad in a 25 year old softener? Should I ask Kinetico directly? PS- the ~week or so I had the softener bypassed, I presume there was no regen, and when I...
  4. pdq

We have a 25 year old Kinetico dual tank softener which worked well up until last winter (yay Kinetico). Last winter the water got an odor and a color, and I brought a sample into the local dealer that sold us the softener. Options were to rebed or replace. Since "replace" is $thousands, I had...
  5. pdq

Low water pressure from *some* faucets after softener rebed

So, I replaced the cartridge on the bath faucet (which, after 20 years, was pretty black) and got the cold water working properly again. (And yes, Moen is sending me a new one for free, which I'll use on the other sink in the master bath, which after 20 years, is pretty sticky). In the kitchen...
  6. pdq

Thanks for your input. I will try the things you suggested.
  7. pdq

We have a nice Kinetico softener which is as old as the house (about 20 years) and we recently had it rebedded on the advice of the dealer because the water was starting to come out with a slight brown discoloration. They rebedded it, and the water is better now. But there are a couple of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks