Recent content by Newguy101

1. Newguy101

Need help tightening bathroom faucet spout

It's not rotted, just pretty corroded. I fully loosened the nut until it came off, and then I realized that the threaded piece is threaded on both ends. I had detached it at the faucet end instead of at the nut end. I needed some sort of spacer so that the assembly would actually tighten. I...
  2. Newguy101

Do I need to have a brand new propane boiler serviced annually?

This will be my third winter with my Weil McClain Aquabalance combi boiler. I am assuming the answer is yes, but I wanted to ask - does the boiler really need to be cleaned every year? Would an every other year cleaning be ok, while the boiler is fairly new?
  3. Newguy101

Thanks. I tried tightening. At first it wouldn't budge (felt like I would break it), and so I sprayed some WD40 and waited for a while. Then I was able to both tighten and loosen it. However, I realized that when the nut thing is all the way seated, the faucet is still very loose. It seems...
  4. Newguy101

I have a Symmons bathroom faucet spout that is very loose. Because it is loose, water is seeping into the cabinet below. I am trying to figure out how to tighten it up. See the below pics. Will this take a special tool? I got under here and wasn't really sure what I am looking at. Thanks...
  5. Newguy101

Putting bathroom in basement - calculating DFUs

I am planning on putting a bathroom in my basement. Since the plumbing will be below grade, I am planning on using a macerating toilet. I just stumbled on the below discussion, which seems to indicate that a very large number of DFUs must be assigned to a macerating toilet (minimum of 28.4...
  6. Newguy101

Hydro air question

Thanks everyone for the comments. The more I read about radiant baseboard heat, the more I think that's the direction I want to go. I am going to try to get some quotes in the next few weeks. A few questions: 1. Any tips on what I should look for in a contractor? Lots of HVAC guys around...
  7. Newguy101

Hydro air question

Hmm, so the more I think of this, the more you are convincing me, Sylvan. Like I mentioned in my first post, we care much more about putting in a good heating system than we care about AC. We have window units which get the job done. So maybe the best way to go is to just put in a purely...
  8. Newguy101

Hydro air question

Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this problem! I looked into heat pumps quite a bit. I came to the conclusion that they are too expensive to operate here in CT, since our electricity prices are through the roof (at least in my area - SE CT). I know several people who put them in...
  9. Newguy101

Hydro air question

Thanks for the replies. I understand the advantages of radiant. It would be nice to have radiant on both floors, but putting radiant on the first floor would require more demo than I want to do, since our basement is finished. I am assuming I’d have to tear up either the basement ceiling or...
  10. Newguy101

Hydro air question

I have a 30 year old 2500 sqft colonial in Southeastern CT. The house is currently heated with a combination of electric baseboard (expensive!) and a wood stove, and is cooled with window units. I am trying to figure out the best way to upgrade our heating and possibly cooling, since we believe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks