Recent content by mich5blue

1. mich5blue

Bathtub leveling question

Thanks! I plan to use wedi board as the substrates to put tile on, so waterproofing shouldn’t be an issue. The floor had concrete as a substrate before which I removed so adding about 1/2 to 3/4 shouldn’t be a huge issue at the transition and I was planning to use ditra membrane which is only...
  2. mich5blue

Bathtub leveling question

Hi everyone, I am hoping to get some advice on next steps for a bathtub installation. Type of tub: American Standard Americast Cambridge (ledger board + apron installation) The subfloor that is the length of the tub is about 5/8 out of level from end to end, and combined with side to side...
  3. mich5blue

Toilet flange question

Hello everyone, my floor tile just got put in, and I am ready to install the toilet. I am wondering a couple of things: 1) Do you think I need to put on an extender? The floor is not level so the toilet will have to be slightly shimmed. The left side of the flange is about 1/8" above the...
  4. mich5blue

Height of rough in drain pipe for bathroom sink

thanks, I don't think drawers will be an issue, they are in the middle between the two sinks as shown in the pic
  5. mich5blue

Best way to lower toilet flange

I still have the part coming in the next day or two. Think I will give it a try just to see before doing any ripping out.
  6. mich5blue

I know, i know...but that little camera I was able to put in the floor showed there isn't really a riser, it is just an elbow it looks like. It should at least make it 100% certain what I need to do, and patching drywall is easy.
  7. mich5blue

yeah, it sounds like i am going to need to either open up the floor or the ceiling below to get a good look here. do you have an opinion on which is easier? i am comfortable doing either, just want to do whichever will make doing the plumbing work the easiest. thanks for the reply.
  8. mich5blue

I did drill a small hole in the floor so i could fit an endoscope camera i had in the floor to try and get a peak to double check on the drain pipe below. it is tough to see (pic is upside down too), but it looks like there is actually no riser setup at all, rather an elbow that just goes...
  9. mich5blue

That seems like a lot more cost and effort, no? I would need to plywood over the entire floor then, which is about 80 sq feet
  10. mich5blue

my bad, for some reason i was thinking left to right. from the back wall, the drain pipe is 12" on center
  11. mich5blue

thanks. would you recommend higher in this scenario?
  12. mich5blue

What is the recommended height of roughing in a drain pipe for bathroom sink. Dimensions are as follows: Total height of vanity: 35" Thickness of countertop 3/4" Undermounted sink depth: 6.5" I was thinking about 16-18" on center from the finished floor, but wanted to verify I wasn't way off...
  13. mich5blue

Thanks, I ordered the part, it should be here in the next few days. I am going to hold off on cutting any of the existing flange until it arrives and I can verify that it will work. 17.5" on center to the finished wall, and 18.5" on the other side to the vanity.
  14. mich5blue

Yeah, the top of that piece (top of the 3" pipe) appears to be almost exactly flush with the sub floor. Given that I expect the finished floor to add about 1/2" of height on top of the subfloor, your numbers seem correct to me. There is some play both up and down from this position, but I am...
  15. mich5blue

looks like it is almost exactly 3" to the bottom, and about 1.5" to the top, so the piece seems about 1.5"
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks