Recent content by Mark Cowart

1. Mark Cowart

Wye with side/top connection used as vent?

Sorry about duplicates. I couldn’t figure out how to delete one. I called my plumber for the pressure line pex install. He had no problem at all with the setup as is and he deals with the inspector all the time. Not yet to the inspection step yet. I’ll try to remember to respond with inspector...
  2. Mark Cowart

Use wye with side/top connection as toilet vent

I have tried to research IPC and La Sanitary provisions to see if there is any verbiage regarding this type fitting. So far I’ve only found references to vents must be vertical (or max of 45 from vertical) when connected to waste line. I was hoping to find info about angle of entry of vent to...
  3. Mark Cowart

Yes sir there is a min of 2" on both sides. House is 30 years old and also just survived a cat 4 hurricane ... so she's battle tested as well. Thoughts on the use of the fitting for venting?
  4. Mark Cowart

I started a remodel before Hurricane Laura killed our power for 3 weeks. Trying to get back on it. I have a 3” main waste line to which I’m adding an additional toilet. I thought to use a 3x3x3 wye with an integral 2” side/top inlet connection- using the 2" as a vent (see pic). In Louisiana we...
  5. Mark Cowart

Wye with side/top connection used as vent?

I started this remodel before Hurricane Laura killed our power for 3 weeks. Trying to get back on it. I have a 3” main waste line to which I’m adding an additional toilet. I thought to use a 3x3x3 wye with an integral 2” side/top inlet connection- using the 2" as a vent (see pics). In...
  6. Mark Cowart

Upstairs bathroom add - toilet vent question

Newbie here with question about upstairs bath addition. I started this remodel before Hurricane Laura killed our power for 3 weeks. Trying to get back on it. I have a 3” main waste line that I’m adding an additional toilet (#1). I figured to use a 3x3x3 wye with an integral 2” vent (see pics)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks