Wye with side/top connection used as vent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Mark Cowart

Reaction score
I started this remodel before Hurricane Laura killed our power for 3 weeks. Trying to get back on it.
I have a 3” main waste line to which I’m adding an additional toilet. I thought to use a 3x3x3 wye with an integral 2” side/top inlet connection- using the 2" as a vent (see pics). In Louisiana we use IPC.
My question is in regards to using the 3”wye with the 2" as a vertical vent. I guess I’m concerned that the 2” integral connection is vertical and not at an angle (like a sanitary tee). Is this arrangement acceptable per IPC as a vent for a toilet?
Snip20200916_2.png

Thanks in advance.

James Henry

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you look at any closet carrier the vent outlet is straight up. If your afraid it won't pass your inspection then just put a combo butted downstream to a wye.

Attachments

• fixture-carriers-hero1.jpg
    fixture-carriers-hero1.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 238

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
You got the same question posted twice . call your inspector ask him ! I think your good in ipc code. and how about feedback , did you pass inspection?

Mark Cowart

Reaction score
Sorry about duplicates. I couldn’t figure out how to delete one. I called my plumber for the pressure line pex install. He had no problem at all with the setup as is and he deals with the inspector all the time. Not yet to the inspection step yet. I’ll try to remember to respond with inspector comments.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry about duplicates. I couldn’t figure out how to delete one. I called my plumber for the pressure line pex install. He had no problem at all with the setup as is and he deals with the inspector all the time. Not yet to the inspection step yet. I’ll try to remember to respond with inspector comments.
good luck sounds encouraging !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks