Wye with side/top connection used as vent?

Discussion in 'IPC Plumbing Code Questions' started by Mark cowart, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Mark cowart

Mark cowart New Member

I started this remodel before Hurricane Laura killed our power for 3 weeks. Trying to get back on it.
    I have a 3” main waste line to which I’m adding an additional toilet. I thought to use a 3x3x3 wye with an integral 2” side/top inlet connection- using the 2" as a vent (see pics). In Louisiana we use IPC.
    My question is in regards to using the 3”wye with the 2" as a vertical vent. I guess I’m concerned that the 2” integral connection is vertical and not at an angle (like a sanitary tee). Is this arrangement acceptable per IPC as a vent for a toilet? Snip20200916_2.png

Thanks in advance.

2. James Henry

James Henry In the Trades

Plumber
    If you look at any closet carrier the vent outlet is straight up. If your afraid it won't pass your inspection then just put a combo butted downstream to a wye.

Attached Files:

Jeff H Young likes this.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Attached Files:

Jeff H Young likes this.
  4. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

You got the same question posted twice . call your inspector ask him ! I think your good in ipc code. and how about feedback , did you pass inspection?

5. Mark cowart

Mark cowart New Member

Sorry about duplicates. I couldn’t figure out how to delete one. I called my plumber for the pressure line pex install. He had no problem at all with the setup as is and he deals with the inspector all the time. Not yet to the inspection step yet. I’ll try to remember to respond with inspector comments.

Jeff H Young likes this.
  6. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

good luck sounds encouraging !