Recent content by laynes69

1. laynes69

Plastic tubing for an ice maker water line???

Our old setup had a semi plugged fridge filter and a saddle valve. When we upgraded, it took forever for water to come from the fridge anywhere. When I updated our plumbing, I took out the saddle valve and installed a dedicated valve off the main line and replaced the filter. Now when the ice...
  2. laynes69

Plumbing layout/PEX questions

Well, after a long day, I'm done! I turned on the tub, flushed the toilet and turned on the vanity and no changes in pressure. It costs me around 400 total. I also have alot of old soft copper to scrap. I ran about 80' in 3/4 copper. Still I cant believe the difference.
  3. laynes69

Will do! Tomorrow I should be removing the 3/8 line for the hot main and then tie in the rest of the hot/cold to 3/4 inch.
  4. laynes69

I'm regenerating the softener now. I do think it should've ran through the rinse cycle longer initially, but I dont know enough about softeners to get too specific on settings. I figured what you said would about be the case, but I wasnt sure. I did notice initially the kitchen sink and tub were...
  5. laynes69

So after much debate in my head, I decided to repipe (repair) the plumbing in copper. Since the 3/4 pex they put in after the water main tied to 1/2 copper, then reduced to 3/8 for the hot main, I'm putting in a 3/4 copper main and branching 1/2 for individual fixtures. I'm part way done, and...
  6. laynes69

Okay. Thank you for your help.
  7. laynes69

So my next question. A homerun system sounds good, but running mulitport tees off a main would still produce the same results correct, or a manifold inline, as long as the supply still remains sufficient enough? We can shower and run the washer now, however I want a system that allows everything...
  8. laynes69

Within the last few months, we had our old jet pump replaced with a submersible. Our pressures shot up, and everything has been good. The current issue is we have a plumbing nightmare. Mismatched lines (1/2" main to 3/8 on hot line) and we lose pressure since everything is basically shared with...
  9. laynes69

Should I Convert My Pump

We just paid almost $3,000 dollars to have a 3" grunfos pump, new 44 gallon pressure tank and the casing extended and welded to remove our well pit and deep well jet pump. It was the best money we have spent. Our pressure went from 25-40 to 45-65 and there's no more priming or dealing with the...
  10. laynes69

Help with well issues

We were getting ready to have our well converted to a submersible with a pitless adaptor, when our wood furnace developed a hole in the heat exchanger. So the 3,000 we were going to spend on the well, will be going in other areas. Our issue occurs when too much water is used at the same time...
  11. laynes69

Grundfos VFD and CSV

Okay. Thank you, I'll keep this in mind.
  12. laynes69

Grundfos VFD and CSV

The water has iron, but even without a softener it's not terrible. Which valve would be needed? Also is there a simple diagram for installation?
  13. laynes69

Grundfos VFD and CSV

So the installer could just use a smallet pressure tank, the normal pressure switch, and all I would need is the cycle stop valve? Like I say, he's not too familiar with them, and around here nobody I know has them, but it shouldn't be an issue.
  14. laynes69

Grundfos VFD and CSV

I was under the impression all of the 3" pumps were VFD, but I guess not. The driller said it's about an 800 dollar pump. I believe the casing is a 4" cast, and the well is from the 50's (guessing...no drill record). He quoted over the phone in the $2000 dollar range, so I guess it wouldn't be...
  15. laynes69

Grundfos VFD and CSV

I'm sick and tired of messing with our deep well jet pump. The system keeps losing prime, the pressure sucks and the setup is over 20 years old. We decided to remove the jet pump for a submersible pump and to get rid of the well pit. Upon speaking to the well company, they don't install many...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks