Help with well issues

Users who are viewing this thread

laynes69

Reaction score
We were getting ready to have our well converted to a submersible with a pitless adaptor, when our wood furnace developed a hole in the heat exchanger. So the 3,000 we were going to spend on the well, will be going in other areas. Our issue occurs when too much water is used at the same time, the pump loses prime. If I would go back out and prime the pump, it produces enough water for showers, wash, etc. so I don't believe we are losing water. The company that was going to do the conversion will pull the lines and bail the well for $350. What I was wondering since the pump is probably 15 years old, would I benefit to rebuild the pump with a screen, impeller, seals, etc.? The pressure doesn't build like it used to. Eventually I may do the conversion to a submersible, but with other things needing done, what would benefit me the most? We have a myers 3/4 hp deep well jet pump. I did use dry ice a couple of years ago and the water was never ending.

MI Well Drilling

Oh well !
Reaction score
Sounds like the regulator is open to far. Follow the pipe from the tank up to the pump that should be where the regulator is located. Well men have a knack for hearing the pump cavitate but you may just try turning the bolt or screw clockwise 3 full turns then try creating the problem. If your pump doesn't loose prime you're good if it does try turning clockwise a bit more. The regulator is meant to fine tune the pump to the amount of flow available from the well. Good luck with all your endeavors

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks