Recent content by JKC

1. J

Drop ear elbow makes crackling noise

I need to. I was just focused on the tub and got distracted with the noise but then started thinking that the issue could possibly be trapped air. First time plumbing other than small fixes. Much respect for the trade. Have to be thinking ten steps ahead otherwise screwed.
  2. J

I haven’t had water flow through the shower head or wand and there is a pocket of air in those line. That wouldn’t cause an issue would it?
  3. J

I went with that valve because I didn’t have to block the tub port and it had a more direct and larger opening up to the diverter. I wouldn’t think it would cause any abnormal noise ‍♂️
  4. J

I hooked up this way because I think it’s over complicating it to have to pull up the diverter on the tub spout to utilize the separate diverter between shower and wand. I like the idea of turning on the valve and it’s already on the shower head setting. I know, I’m overthinking it.
  5. J

I did deburr however did cross my mind with just lots going on at the time that I can’t guarantee I didn’t miss an end. But like you said the sound would probably be different. I’m pretty sure it is. Doesn’t seem to be coming from the mixer or diverter. Could this be caused if there is air...
  6. J

Hey all, I installed a drop ear sweat elbow for tub stub out. It’s pretty loud making crackling sound at full flow. Not sure if it the elbow or another problem. Would it be better to have a long sweep? What other options do I have before I close up the wall? I also did something different...
  7. J

Tub spout from Delta diverter port?

This discussion has been talked about before however not much detail on potential issues other than reduced flow rate. Just wanted to check before I closed up the walls. All seems to work fine but the rate of flow is lower than what Delta claims. Also, there seems to be a cackling sound coming...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks