Recent content by Loiwin

1. Loiwin

Please help: recommendation for Reverse Osmosis system for drinking

Is there a certain quality brand/manufacturer that you can recommend that would have a mineral filter after? Would this have the same effect of keeping minerals in the water? I would like to keep minerals for health purposes. Also, you’re saying using 1 gallon of water would create 3 gallons...
  2. Loiwin

Please help: recommendation for Reverse Osmosis system for drinking

Hi all, I have received such great advice from many on this forum and didn’t know where else to post this. I did have a question as far as reverse osmosis systems under the sink for drinking, as it is very overwhelming with so many options and products. I am looking for a basic (cost...
  3. Loiwin

Please help: recommendations for Reverse Osmosis system

Hi all, I have received such great advice from many on this forum. I did have a question as far as reverse osmosis systems under the sink for drinking, as it is very overwhelming with so many options and products. I am looking for a basic (cost effective) but good RO system with good...
  4. Loiwin

Quick question: recommended maintenance on water softener

I regenerate about 12 pounds only if salt per 25 days. I calculated out to be about 13 years before cleaning lol, but should I clean this before to be safe? Also, you said 5 (five) tablespoons of bleach? Do I add this to the actual tank where the salt sits or the tall white tube reservoir...
  5. Loiwin

Hey reach, you’ve been a big help to me before to program my softener correctly. Thanks. I’m on city water but had a few questions: After seeing a few videos online, the general idea I gather is: remove attachments from softener and bribe tank, remove the salt and water, clean the brine tank...
  6. Loiwin

Hi all, I’ve installed a 64000 grain water softener with Fleck 5600sxt in 2018. With the help of all of y’all I was able to successfully program the softener for max efficiency. I just got an email to schedule a service from a company that initially installed the softener for me. Among the...
  7. Loiwin

Quick question: BF time when decreasing from 40k to either 36 or 32k grain

Thanks ditto. You were a big help when I first bought my softener. I get the silky feeling diminishing, but I feel like that water is more “silkly” in the downstairs bathroom as compared to upstairs. Just seeing if this was possible depending on where the water exits the plumbing in the house
  8. Loiwin

I do, I guess I could do that. But is this anything that could actually happen or had happened to anyone in your experience? Just seeing if it was a thing...
  9. Loiwin

I see. So in theory, it is possible to happen, although it doesn’t necessarily mean there is problem, it’s just a way it can occur? The sink in my master bedroom on the 2nd floor has a less soft water feel than the bathroom downstairs. It is at the end of the plumbing in the house (I...
  10. Loiwin

Question: is it possible to have the water on the 2nd level of 2 story home feel less soft than downstairs? If so, any reasons as to why?
  11. Loiwin

Awesome. I will try BF = 9 and if it’s not to my liking I’ll kick it up to BF = 10. Thank you all
  12. Loiwin

Thank you guys. I will actually do one of the 2 options given, either increase C = 48, BF = 11 or keep C = 40 and increase BF = 10. Is there any detriment or wasting resin to keeping C = 40 and BF = 10? Overall, I do want to keep # gallons regenerated the same (<3000). Which is the better...
  13. Loiwin

Hi all, hope everyone is doing alright. Just wanted to swing an update by. As quoted above, after doing the 2 manual regenerations where I was restoring the full capacity of my 2 cuft softener, it took 22 days for a regeneration to kick in. C = 40, BF = 8, H = 15. Water felt great! However...
  14. Loiwin

Have to replace tile if have toilet leak?

Thanks. If I push the water through with a plunger I can expect some water leakage right? In that case the plunger method would be less water than using a bucket.
  15. Loiwin

Have to replace tile if have toilet leak?

So if I use a plunger there’s a chance some water might leak out? Also, I saw on YouTube a guy use something that made the water a gel. Is this good to use? I would think it would be a pain to try to clear all the gel out from inside the toilet. I’ve also seen the pour a 5 gallon bucket...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks