Recent content by greenjp

1. greenjp

Price Pfister kitchen faucet, couple issues

Thanks Terry. I received the part today and got it installed which has fixed the problem. Two of the three push fittings were a bear to release, while the 3rd came off with almost no effort. Installation of the new one went very quickly and without leaks. jeff
  2. greenjp

Ok the new valve and retainer nut are in and the handle movement is much nicer. Still waiting for the diverter to arrive. Here's a photo of the current one, the copper coming out the end is going to the faucet, the braided hose on the left is the supply coming from the valve. I am not sure...
  3. greenjp

Hello everybody. Turns out I needed the 974-035 valve, a new style brass retainer nut, and the 951-029 diverter (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002YR7KTQ/). It is not obvious to me how I'm supposed to install the latter and I can't find any good how-tos. Any tips? Thanks, Jeff
  4. greenjp

Yes Marlinman, that's it! Ok so I should replace the cartridge, and I might get a new retainer nut (962-075) as the one in there got a little banged up during the removal and reinstallation. It's a weird soft plastic material. Am I correct that I should replace the diverter valve (951-039) to...
  5. greenjp

Two issues going on with my kitchen faucet, not sure if they're related or not. First, the handle has gotten quite stiff to move. I have no idea what brand this is and a search for the number on the valve returned nothing. It's at least 13 years old and no more than 23 or so. Here are some...
  6. greenjp

Delta widespread faucet hot side issue

Hello everybody. I'm installing a Delta Trinsic widespread faucet and have problem I cannot figure out. I installed both valves per the instructions, with the hot on the left side and the valves oriented as shown in the diagram. Photos attached. The cold site works correctly, off when the...
  7. greenjp

Adjusting drain for shower

Hello everybody, The shower drain worked out well during an extended leak test so that is good to go. Still figuring out how to get this toilet flange installed. I checked and verified the flange's pipe is tapered so don't believe cutting it shorter would be of any use. So I'll just...
  8. greenjp

Alright I got the base set last night, everything was firmed up nicely this evening so I've started the flood test. I put in just enough water to fill that round circle around the drain, figure that'll make it easiest to spot if it's decreasing. Not like a tiled receptor where I need to...
  9. greenjp

Yes I recall reading about using piles on this site previously. Here's what I'm thinking - Swan calls for "up to" a 1/2" bed under most the the pan, tapered to 1/4" near the hole, while leaving 2" around the hole and perimeter of the pan clear. I was planning to use a 1/2" x 1/2" trowel (and...
  10. greenjp

I couldn't help myself, filled in the hole partially to get closer to Swan's recommended 6" opening. I used a 7"-6" sheet metal HVAC duct reducer as a form, Quikrete's bonding adhesive, and Sakrete concrete mix. My first job with this stuff and it seemed to work out pretty well. The drain...
  11. greenjp

Alright the inside cutter wouldn't do it and the oscillating saw blades weren't the right shape so I ended up using a regular drill to bust this thing apart down to the undamaged section of 4" pipe. Parts of the old pipe are still there but it's clear down to the undamaged section so it looks...
  12. greenjp

Ok so I did cut a bit into the drain pipe (the one that goes further down underground) with the inside cutter before determining that it wasn't going to come out that way. :oops: Maybe 1/8" deep 1/5th the way around. I measured more carefully (no calipers but with that ruler in the photo) and...
  13. greenjp

Alright turns out my inside cutter isn't a large enough diameter to make this cut easily or cleanly (the toilet flange being inside the pipe means I can only get a portion of the cutting depth). So used the oscillating saw to cut the top off flush with the floor, and here's what I have: So...
  14. greenjp

The current flange is hovering about 1/4" abovet the concrete. I'll be using a 1/4" thick underlayment (some leftover Laticrete StrataHeat mat) and 5/8" thick cement tiles. So yes it would be ideal to get the current one out and install a new one properly on the new tiles. I'll probably go...
  15. greenjp

Alright I was able to get it lined up nicely using the reducer and pair of 22.5s. I haven't set the piece of 2" pipe for the top yet but I figure this should be pretty easy. Might put the pan in place and install the drain pipe right through the hole to ensure it's perfect. I did put all the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks