Recent content by GGorman04

1. GGorman04

Urinal salt deposits

Thanks for the advice.
  2. GGorman04

Urinal salt deposits

I have a restaurant with a urinal. Every 6 months or so the urine must harden so bad that I have to take the urinal off and flush the debris out. Before I removed the urinal, we tried Draino and Bio-Clean with no luck. Is there another type of cleaner that would soften the urine buildup so that...
  3. GGorman04

Quality Fill Valve

Sorry to respond so late but I appreciate the help The home depot 30 miles away had it in stock
  4. GGorman04

Quality Fill Valve

Anyone know where to get the $3 repair kit for Korky? I did not find at Home Depot or Lowes
  5. GGorman04

Quality Fill Valve

Thanks for the link as well. Great forum!!!
  6. GGorman04

Quality Fill Valve

Thanks for the recommendations. Symptoms are it takes way too long to refill the tank. There is no leak at the flapper
  7. GGorman04

Quality Fill Valve

I currently have a fluidmaster that needs replacing. Any better piece I should look into? Thanks in advance George
  8. GGorman04

Regal Flushometer

The people who dont want to touch the handle. When their done going to the bathroom, they will left their foot and flush the handle with the foot. This sometimes causes the handle to stick and overflow. I will look into the smooth operator.
  9. GGorman04

Regal Flushometer

I have a urinal in my store that whenever someone flushes it with their feet(instead of touching the handle) it will overflow and water will spill out onto the floor and create a mess. This happens at least once per week. Can someone point me in the right direction on what could be causing...
  10. GGorman04

Highest Quality Flush Valve

Ok It looks like I found the problem. I believe the overflow tube has a small crack in it. Since this is part of the flush valve, is there anyway to replace just the tube?
  11. GGorman04

Wow thanks for the link. One other thing you reminded me of... I bought a flapper valve with a piece before that included a mounting piece that was attached with some type of grey puddy. I removed this piece and puddy to install the new flapper. Maybe I need to clean the seat area better to make...
  12. GGorman04

I will look at the flapper valve seat again. From what I gather, the fill valve does not go bad that often. I am guessing that I would be able to see the water flowing down the overflow, correct?
  13. GGorman04

I just realized what I changed was the fill valve and not the flush valve. I was told the following test: Draw a pencil line on the back wall of the tank at the waterline. Then turn supply off and wait 30 minutes. If the water level remains the same we have a refill valve problem. If the water...
  14. GGorman04

Hey Guys, I am new to the forum and would really appreciate some advice. I have a Briggs 4430 toilet and awhile back replace the flush valve with a fluidmaster piece from HD. It has lasted only three years and was wondering if I should buy the flush valve that came from the factory? I remember...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks