Urinal salt deposits

Users who are viewing this thread

GGorman04

Reaction score
I have a restaurant with a urinal. Every 6 months or so the urine must harden so bad that I have to take the urinal off and flush the debris out. Before I removed the urinal, we tried Draino and Bio-Clean with no luck.

Is there another type of cleaner that would soften the urine buildup so that removal of the urinal was not necessary?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Sounds like the urinal does not have an auto-flush and the patrons are not flushing it after each use. The "if it's yellow, let it mellow" tree huggers are overly concerned with saving water.

Reach4

Reaction score
The urinal cake thing caused me to run across "urea monohydrochloride" because it is an ingredient in many urinal cakes. I am wondering how that would do against toilet bowl rings compared to some other acids. It is milder than phosphoric it seems, but may be more effective. That may be hype.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks