Recent content by Gdog

1. Gdog

Gas Furnace clicking noise while running

Yeah, I thought it was better but not really; sometimes it acts up, and sometime not so much. I did verify it has a good ground to neutral w/ohm meter. @Jeff H Young When you say check the reading, I assume you mean the current in the flame sensor? Will try that next chance I get. Thanks!
  2. Gdog

FYI installed new flame sensor and, while it does seem improved, furnace still makes that noise while running, but it's less frequent. Got two new sensors, was thinking of trying the other new one..?
  3. Gdog

Terry Love- cancer update

Terribly shocked and saddened when I saw this thread. I only knew Terry via this forum but felt like we might have been kindred spirits; always striving to educate and help others, learning through DIYing. Heartfelt condolences to his family and friends. I am so grateful for this forum; I...
  4. Gdog

Thanks Fitter30! yeah already did clean the flame sensor (forgot to mention it) so guess I'll try replacing it.
  5. Gdog

Thanks for the responses! Rheem Criterion II Plus 2 RGLK-07EAMER FQ5D302F230402740 MFD DATE: 06/2004 Gas Valve: 36E55 221 #60-23490-12
  6. Gdog

Recently moved into this house so I don't have a history with this furnace as yet. With Fall coming on noticed this clicking noise while furnace is running (see attached vid). Took the lower cover off and, using a mechanic's stethoscope, I noticed it's coming from black solenoid looking thing...
  7. Gdog

Replacement window recommendations?

So something like the Elevate line at Marvin; yes?
  8. Gdog

FYI in case anyone else finds this post: https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/best-replacement-windows.8030/post-223165 which will point you to here: http://www.vinyl-replacement-windows.com/forum/
  9. Gdog

A second one, Norm Macdonald

Funny, I've also discovered Norm Macdonald since his untimely passing. I knew he was funny, but had no idea how funny he was until watched some of his utubes. Yes, a bit coarser than I've seen of him on TV, but his wit is unmatched IMO.
  10. Gdog

Does modern house w/high efficiency HVAC need fresh air intake or not?

When you talk about an "engineered leak" I assume you're referring to an ERV or equivalent device; yes? FYI I ended up closing off the fresh air intake referenced above for the furnace, at least temporarily. Will likely re-hook it up to an ERV at some point. Yes, both my furnace and WH are...
  11. Gdog

Thanks for all the good input guys! Yes, I can see if the house was tight, pulling in fresh air would be more important. But this house has a chimney w/damper; it's shut but that is no weather tight seal in there. I also just installed a ventilated range hood in the kitchen, so if house is...
  12. Gdog

In SE MI; house is a bit over 20 years old, original builder windows are cheap and need replacement. Looking for quality and value; i.e. highest R capability and noise attenuation as possible w/o taking out a large loan.. Anyone have experience w/these guys...
  13. Gdog

Hi All, Recently moved into this house that's about 20-some years old. This past summer replaced original furnace/Ac with 96% Carrier system; here's the furnace: https://www.carrier.com/residential/en/us/products/furnaces/59tn6/ We're in SE MI so just coming into cold season now. The...
  14. Gdog

Full Re-pipe - no permit or inspection

Had a house re-piped (all the way to the street connection) w/pex a couple of years ago in oregon. Guy did a pretty good job because I was remodeling the house so I inspected his work afterward. I was doing the drywall repairs so his work was still viewable in places. He did pull permits and...
  15. Gdog

3" drain for kitchen sink?!

Just to follow up, ended up going with 1.5" drain since that what the vent was. Some pics; yeah, not pretty but think got the job done: Before: After: Yeah, a bit messy with the primer/glue and vent slope was more than I had planned (looks worse in this pic than it is), but...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks