Recent content by Fishyone

1. Fishyone

What's best for the pump

You have explained it properly and no-one said it wasn't a good product. I was just saying that for now i'm going to try and do without the csv. (remain old school} is a way to look at it. I would hope that in the future you would welcome my business if i decide to get up to speed and go for...
  2. Fishyone

What's best for the pump

Vavleman its ok to have a discussion and not buy one of your valves. Really its ok, just chill out and realize not everyone feels the way you do for whatever reason. You don't have to defend every conversation that has the word csv in it. I think you should defend your product, but please...
  3. Fishyone

What's best for the pump

I've read all the answers from this post and my other post " max pressure create by my pump " The one answer that makes the most sense is to me is " two minutes is a nice number, but 50 seconds is not terrible" that answer would fall in line with the manufacturer statement of 1 to 2 minutes run...
  4. Fishyone

What's best for the pump

I watched the csv video and have a question. As stated on the other post i made "max pressure my pump creates" I have a large 80 gal. pressure tank that allows approx. 20gal. drawdown before the pump cycles on. I want to keep that tank so the household water does not cycle and run everytime...
  5. Fishyone

Max pressure created by my pump

the reason for this question and the question of "whats best for the pump " which i posted at the same time is cycling of the pump. I am aware that the pump should run at least 2mins before cycling, i am also aware that valveman will be along shortly to inform me that all my problems will be...
  6. Fishyone

What's best for the pump

As the heading suggests is it better to have a longer run time and shorter idle time, or a longer idle time and a shorter run time. I've heard that the pump needs a two minute run before shutting off. I have an irrigation system that by adding or substracting sprinkler lines (at the valves) i...
  7. Fishyone

Max pressure created by my pump

I have a goulds 18gs20412cl. 2hp 18gpm. whats the max pressure. If its important the pump is set at 240ft. 5" well casing, Static depending on time of year 70- 110.' 11/4" drop pipe tdh 248'
  8. Fishyone

How many amps does my pump pull

need the 18gmp as i have a large irrigation system on the property. 6 of the sets have a requirement of 15gmp. The other sets maybe a little less. Total of 14 sets. lots of drip lines for the plants and trees . might sound like to much pump but its not. had a 1 1/2 hp but at 240ft. with...
  9. Fishyone

How many amps does my pump pull

I am needing to further develop my new well as it is getting alot of sand in the system. the pump is a goulds 18gs20412cl 2hp. set at 240 ft. with static at 75'. estimated tdh of 200'. My honda 5000 generator has a 240 30amp plug in, that i intend to use at the well head for power. Can't find...
  10. Fishyone

Proper control box

the box did not stay in place because both wells/pumps are using the same main wires from the electrical panel to the pumps. As the new well is only 20 ft from the old one, i simply extended the wires and the plumbing from the old well to the new one.
  11. Fishyone

Proper control box

I am told that on a single phase 3 wire pump you can use a larger control box on a smaller pump but you can't use a smaller control box on a larger pump. So the situation is I have a 1 1/2hp pump and a 2hp pump in different wells. So as the 2hp pump and well is new this is the one I wish to...
  12. Fishyone

Zip ties or 2" well tape

valveman and others So far you make a strong case for a shroud, i really want the pump at 240' so i am more assured of having all the water i need in the future without having to lower the pump. I am looking for that sdr 35 to make the shroud as we speak. you would think i could find it...
  13. Fishyone

Zip ties or 2" well tape

Valveman Also i,m feeling like #10 flat jacketed wire would be pretty strong. and if i solder the metal sleeves inside the shrink wrap sleeves , maybe it would hold to pull the pump if needed thereby doing without the rope what say you
  14. Fishyone

Zip ties or 2" well tape

valveman using sch. 120 with stainless couplings, also using #10 flat jacketed 4 strain wire. torque arrestor guess i can do without. The rope, i don't know, I'm pretty spooked about loosing the pump in the well. not because of the cost of the pump but because of getting it stuck, thereby...
  15. Fishyone

Zip ties or 2" well tape

as the heading suggests, which one would you use. Plan is to secure the electrical wire top and below the couplings on 20' PVC pipe. maybe once in the middle. will secure the rope to each section also Another question some on this forum say to not use a torque arrestor, why is that? have...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks