Recent content by Ed223

1. Ed223

Soldering 1-1/4” Copper

Just to be clear I t’s not MAPP gas, it’s MAP-pro. MAPP is about 48% methylacetylene and burns much hotter than it’s replacement MAP-pro. MAP-pro doesn’t contain any methyacetylene. I just want to know if it will do the job or turn into a complete mess….lol.
  2. Ed223

Soldering 1-1/4” Copper

Soldered plenty of copper pipe over the years, but not anything as large as 1 1/4”. Will a Bernzomatic TS8000 with Map-pro gas and quality tinning flux do the job?
  3. Ed223

Dissimilar Metals and Type 304 SS Corrugated Connectors

A technical question for you……. The 304 SS corrugated connectors on the attached specification sheet state “Will not corrode or rust” and “No dielectric union required”. What prevents corrosion if the hose is connected to copper and/or brass fittings?
  4. Ed223

5600SXT with 1 1/4" Main supply Line

A little more info.... 4700 Sq feet, two story. There are 4 full bathrooms. Occupancy varies quite a bit. Normally 1-2 on a regular basis, but can jump to 3-4 when some or all the kids come home.... which is often. Water is very hard at 30 GPG....municipal. There was a softener previously...
  5. Ed223

5600SXT with 1 1/4" Main supply Line

Installing a water softener in a house with 1 1/4" main supply line. I've installed a few softeners, but nothing with a supply line larger than 1". Is it standard practice and code correct to use a softener valve with 1" porting like a 5600SXT? JM
  6. Ed223

Barand Shower Fixture Issue

Just moved into a 16 year old house. All the shower valves (Barand Cannon Cove Collection) appear to have bad cartridges. The valve s have a thermostatic cartridge. The hot water temperature at the bathroom sinks is great (140-150 degrees F). However, the showers only have luke warm water (105...
  7. Ed223

Basement Install of Washer and Laundry Sink

Planning the installation of a washer and laundry sink in basement of cottage. Currently there is no provision for either. Project will require a basin/pump for the grey water. I do not want to drain the washing machine into the laundry sink. Was wondering if I could receive a little advice on...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks