Recent content by drury23

1. drury23

Custom Shower

It seems that with Delta the only option for a thermostatic valve is a dual thermostatic valve with volume control. I would prefer to have the thermostatic valve with two independent volume controls for the rain shower and then hand shower.
  2. drury23

Custom Shower

Thank you for the replies. Any other opinions on valves (thermostatic) and trim? I am leaning toward Kohler, Grohe, and Moen. Thanks.
  3. drury23

Custom Shower

I am framing the shower now as part of a large bathroom renovation. I have a few questions. 1) I am planning to go with a rain shower and therefore need to have the supply line coming from the ceiling. A local plumber suggested building a "drop ceiling" that is just a small soffit hanging...
  4. drury23

Floor mount tub filler

The Delta, Kohler, and Moen tub fillers all have brackets that are secured to a horizontal 2x10 stringer with all connections under the floor. This is the Delta mounting bracket: https://media.deltafaucet.com/MandI/76944%20Rev%20C.pdf
  5. drury23

Floor mount tub filler

I will be installing a freestanding tub in my new bathroom renovation. I am debating the best method for a faucet. These floor mount tub fillers are modern and space saving, but look like they can be tricky to install and potentially difficult to replace in the future. The tub will be along...
  6. drury23

New Toilet Location

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying about the 10" center to center of TY's? Also, the tub is going to be about 8'-9' past the shower and will therefore need its own vent. The toilet drain will be about 6-8" lower than the tub/shower drain when they meet at the vertical drain. (The...
  7. drury23

New Toilet Location

The vent for the 1st floor toilet is wet vented with the lav and goes directly from first floor up into attic. As for the Estabrook, is that my best option? They don't seem to sell them too many places, but I could order one online. Here is an example and then at the top I could use a 3x2...
  8. drury23

New Toilet Location

My new plan is to run a new line from the basement that will be the drains for the toilet, tub, and shower. I have good access from the basement to send into an open wall cavity and into the bathroom. I am now wondering the best way to have the toilet, tub, and shower meet into this vertical...
  9. drury23

New Toilet Location

For Option 6, it is allowed to have a horizontal/flat section of the vent if it is not going to be part of a lav drain?
  10. drury23

New Toilet Location

Thank you very much for your response. I do agree about not using a santee for the connection into the horizontal drain. I will use a 1/8 bend and then a wye into the horizontal drain. I looked at your diagrams. Options 2 and 3 might not be available to me. The vertical distance from the...
  11. drury23

New Toilet Location

What is the best solution for the drain and vent for the new toilet? I understand I cannot use a santee to connect the vertical toilet drain into the existing horizontal drain. I understand that I could use a 1/8 bend and wye to connect the toilet drain to the horizontal drain, but then I'm...
  12. drury23

New Toilet Location

Do you mean wye from the existing horizontal drain for the vent? And the toilet drain would connect directly to the horizontal drain? Or have its own drain?
  13. drury23

New Toilet Location

I am doing a large 2nd floor bathroom remodel and the toilet will be in a new location. The main stack in my house goes up vertically from the basement and then goes horizontally in a soffit under the 2nd floor. It then goes vertical and into the attic and out the roof. The location of the new...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks