Recent content by dcgardener

1. dcgardener

Faucet problem

The sink faucet in our first floor powder room has never had more than a thin stream of water coming out, even with the tap fully open. I routinely check aerators to make sure there's no gunk gumming up the works, and that's never been the issue with this faucet, which is Jado's New Haven single...
  2. dcgardener

Thin stream of water from bathroom faucet

Okay, this has been an ongoing (years!) problem. We have extremely low water flow from our downstairs powder room faucet, even though we have excellent water pressure elsewhere throughout the house. The faucet is Jado's single lever New Haven jobbie. Our first thought was the aerator was...
  3. dcgardener

Still wigged out and have another question about the Toto Aquia II

Okay, I have been interviewing plumbers to do my fixture installation, and two of them have raised this point about the Aquia II — that there should be 8 inches from the water supply to the flange? Is that true? If it is, then Lord help me, because I only have 6 inches. I don't know who to...
  4. dcgardener

My plumber is wigged out by my Aquia II toilet, and now so am I!

Cass, I think my plumber is not necessarily a cry baby (whiner, yeah), but just focused on the bucks. This is not to relieve him of any responsibility — I was pretty darn peeved when he had his melt-down, especially complaining that he would have bid differently had he known the toilet's...
  5. dcgardener

I'm thinking if he's that wigged out, I might let him get away with it, and find another plumber with experience in installing Toto toilets. Besides, I also have a Duravit wall mount vanity and counter top basin that needs installing, and I just don't want to deal with plumber melt-down round two!
  6. dcgardener

With the bowl not yet in place, I don't know how much room there will be behind it, Terry. I'll tell Mike (plumber) what you say about the water supply. Thanks!
  7. dcgardener

Here's the story: We're in the midst of a 5x7 bathroom renovation. The major plumbing fixtures are the Aquia II toilet, a Duravit wall mounted vanity with a countertop basin sink and a Runtal hydronic towel warmer, which replaces a small radiator. I told my plumber what fixtures I had and gave...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks