Recent content by daniel501

1. daniel501

Actual minimum clearance on a 12" rough in?

Putting a 10" Eco Drake Transitional, universal height, CST744EFN.10, in the powder room with the 10" rough in. There's some logic to that one being universal height, since it's sort of the "public" bathroom of the house. I ran with that thought process and decided to put a CST744ELN, Eco Drake...
  2. daniel501

Thanks! Ok, so the powder room gets a 10" toilet. What about the other sites that measured from 11" to 11.5"? Will a CST744EGN fit without an offset flange? There has to be some wiggle room, right? How much?
  3. daniel501

To be specific, we're talking about the CST744EGN. Thanks!
  4. daniel501

Thanks for the help in choosing to put standard height Eco Drakes in my new house. So I was eyeballing the powder room toilet site, and it seemed a little close to the wall. And I measured it and it's actually almost exactly 10" from the center of the hole to the finished wall surface. Of...
  5. daniel501

Best seat for Eco Drake?

I chose this one at Home Depot, which I think is essentially the same Bemis seat you're talking about: http://www.homedepot.com/p/BEMIS-Slow-Close-Lift-Off-Elongated-Closed-Front-Toilet-Seat-in-White-1570SLOW-000/204599315 Thanks!
  6. daniel501

Eco Drake, Eco Ultramax performance vs the alternatives, 1.28 gpf, std height

Thank you! I told my builder to get us this: Eco Drake Transitional Two-Piece Toilet, 1.28 GPF, Elongated Bowl - CeFiONtect CST744EGN#01 I prefer the look of that tank. It's more old-fashioned appearing, less modern, and fit our decor better. Funny how the "new" tank looks older.
  7. daniel501

Best seat for Eco Drake?

I posted earlier looking for a standard height 1.28 gpf recommendation and settled on the Eco Drake... But it needs a seat... And the SS114 seems to be the standard Toto recommended seat for this toilet, but reading reviews online it doesn't seem to do so well... It's described as flimsy and...
  8. daniel501

Eco Drake, Eco Ultramax performance vs the alternatives, 1.28 gpf, std height

Building a new house in Texas (new regs require 1.28 gpf)... So I'm looking for the best 1.28 gpf, standard/regular height toilet. (I hate "comfort height." I have a comfort height toilet in the current house, and it makes my legs fall asleep if I sit on it for too long. Who decided to call it...
  9. daniel501

Too much water in a small space

So tell me something about these heads... How do they come out? Do they unscrew? do they just pull up? I'm afraid to start twisting and pulling until I know how it all goes together. Wouldn't want to break something. And is nozzle adjustment (on adjustable nozzles) done while they're popped...
  10. daniel501

Gary said: "I can think of 4 possibilities. 1. Reduce the watering time and/or frequency. 2. Change the size or type of the nozzles in the wet area. 3. Cap or turn off one of the sprinklers. 4. Run an additional zone for just that area." Thanks. 1. Won't do. The rest of zone 5 (half of...
  11. daniel501

So I'm a sprinkler system newbie. I moved into a new house in the suburbs with an automatic spinkler system -- never had one before. There's a long space between my house and the house next door, where there's about 6ft from my house to the privacy fence, and a relatively narrow space in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks