Recent content by CountryBumkin

1. CountryBumkin

How much chloine should be in my holding tank?

I just wanted to add - the Chlorine injection pump is new and working fine - the tank level drops normally after days of use. I think it is about a month (or two) before the 35-gallon chlorine tank is low enough that I need to add more chlorine/water to it. I turned it up the chlorine pump to...
  2. CountryBumkin

How much chloine should be in my holding tank?

Recently I had my water softener and carbon filter tanks rebeded. The guy doing the work said I should be reading some chlorine in the large holding tank - but nothing showing on the water test (Pool chlorine test kit). I had this system installed 20 years ago and the only instruction I got...
  3. CountryBumkin

Problem with Well pump - were can I get a Sta-Rite VIP III control?

I'm just posting back to let everyone know that I was able to finish the controller swap. I moved the "overload/rest" button from the old controller to the new. After getting everything apart I did find a potential cause of the original problem. The wire terminal strip looks to have been...
  4. CountryBumkin

Hi Valveman, I got the replacement controller - and as you noted, there is no "Reset/Overload" button. I am gong to move the old button to the new controller. If I just use the new controller as-is, what happens if the pump/controller "overloads" how would I reset it (w/could the pump or...
  5. CountryBumkin

I found some replacement Sta-Rite (now Pentair) pump controllers. Here https://www.rcworst.com/vip-pro-series-controls.html Now the issue is that I'm not 100% sure of which model controller I have. It's hard to read the tag. It looks like VIP4EC2-0. But there is no "EC" model - so it must be a...
  6. CountryBumkin

Thanks for your help. I'll check current draw on this when I get home and post back. I suppose I could change out just the capacitor, but as old as this controller is (and since they are pretty cheap) I just figured it would be smarter to replace the whole thing. On the comment about the built...
  7. CountryBumkin

Just to add some more info - I found a photo of a used VIP III Controller (Google images), it "looks the same" as mine but has model/part numbers listed. It says it is a model VIP4D02-01 with part number LR47013. I don't recall seeing any label/tag (model/part numbers) on my controller - I'll...
  8. CountryBumkin

My (drilled well) well pump is over 30 years old now. Twice in the last week the pump stopped working and I had to reset the Sta-Rite VIP III pump controller (by pressing reset button). Maybe the start capacitor is going bad. Due to the age of this equipment, I think the smart thing would be to...
  9. CountryBumkin

What toilet do you recommend in the $500 price range?

I want to thank you for replying and providing the model number. That looks like the toilet I want. It's in the price range I'm looking in - around $460 (at Lowes) - which I assume is their retail price (as opposed to a "builders" or "commercial/business" price. Home Depot doesn't carry this...
  10. CountryBumkin

What toilet do you recommend in the $500 price range?

I plan to replace my old (1990) 5-gal flush toilet with a new "comfort height, elongated bowl toilet". I also plan to install a bidet seat (I currently have an Alfa Bidet JX seat on another toilet, and would probbaly get the same model for this one (unluss someone has a better recommendation) I...
  11. CountryBumkin

Are the PEX Type-B crimp rings all same (for 1/2 and 3/4 tube) regardless of pipe manufacturer?

I'm not concerned with warranty - I am not a professional plumber (as you can probably tell from my questions). I am a DIYer. I usually come across PEX tubing (at my father's place or other family/friend's homes) where I don't know which manufacture made the tube. For example, next week I'm...
  12. CountryBumkin

Are the PEX Type-B crimp rings all same (for 1/2 and 3/4 tube) regardless of pipe manufacturer?

Are the PEX type "B" pipe "compression rings" all the same for the various brands of PEX B tube? Meaning if I run across PEX-B, regardless of the manufacturer will the (1/2" and 3/4") crimp rings I have work - or do I need to buy the crimp rings from the manufacture of the tubing? Also do the...
  13. CountryBumkin

Is there a PVC epoxy or similar product to fit a broken flange?

I used a two-part epoxy. This https://www.westsystem.com/specialty-epoxies/gflex-655-thickened-epoxy-adhesive/ I cleaned the surfaces and lightly saned with 80 grit, then "flame treated" (per instructions). Tonight I will unclamp and see how well it holds.
  14. CountryBumkin

Call Oasis - why didn't I think if that? Good idea. If they can't/won't help - then I'll try epoxy. Thanks
  15. CountryBumkin

I spent some time this evening disassembling the fittings. The broken part is not slip fit - it is a "face to face" connection. Glued at the factory. I removed the old PVC spa hose from the 45 fitting. So what materiel would be best to glue the flange back onto the face of the Waterfall fixture?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks