Recent content by CG ANderson

1. CG ANderson

Navien 240A: Turning off/disabling NaviCirc pump?

Just wanted to follow up and clear my head on this issue. After my NaviCirc failed (the "whooooP" sound) I decided to "turn it off". I changed P17 to 1.OFF Disable. Then set the two-way valve from EXT back to INT. Now I could use someone to check my DIPs. According to page 45 of the NPE-240A...
  2. CG ANderson

Breplum: You have been very helpful! I have attached a pic of the underbelly of my Navien. Be advised the condensation pipe is missing. It developed a leak and I am repairing it. Fairly certain it is plumbed correctly because I had to come here to get instructions for the installer! They had...
  3. CG ANderson

Breplum: Thanks for the nomenclature explanation! The piping is exact for use with the NaviCirc, which I am certain of. So turning the lever to INT will negate the use of the NaviCirc? I will change DIP 1 to ON and DIP 2 to OFF. Both the far right are correct ON for my system. Are there any...
  4. CG ANderson

Hello. I am turning to the group because I am a bit puzzled as to how to go about disabling my NaviCirc unit. Here's the backstory... We've had the NPE-240A for about three years. When they installed it, I had them place a NaviCirc pump under the upstairs bathroom sink in the mistaken belief it...
  5. CG ANderson

Navicirc squeal sound?

I came here to see about this issue and here it is! My Navicirc started the "whoooooP!" sound about two months ago. And it seemed to coincide with the schedule we set in Navilink. Starting about 0400AM, it would be so loud as to awaken me from my slumber. It seems to be getting worse. As a...
  6. CG ANderson

Navien NPE-240A and NaviCirc paramaters questions...

One more comment and a follow-up question. The pipe/shower vibration issues has completely gone away. Or, perhaps more precisely, I cannot get it to do it no matter what I do. So that is a good thing. Now, follow up... After having the Navicirc installed under the sink adjacent to the shower, I...
  7. CG ANderson

I will have to experiment with the shower settings. The problem did not manifest itself at all during showers this morning. I couldn't even get it to do it by flushing the toilet while the shower was running. It appears to have become somewhat random in occurrence. The first few times it...
  8. CG ANderson

Check valve, check. It only happens when water is running all the way to the hot. This has tremendously calmed down. However, I can invoke the pipe shake when the shower is on full and I flush the toilet, robbing the system of cold water. More of a curiosity now more than anything...
  9. CG ANderson

I will do this, though we did notice it is temperature-sensitive. If you back off on the hot it stops. Curious why it suddenly started after the NaviCirc was fully functional. Coincidence?
  10. CG ANderson

Yes, I didn't mess with anything that pertained to the dedicated return line. While I have you on the line... We now have a strange vibration in several of the lines. Began after they added the new plumbing. Did not happen prior. You can see and hear it in the upstairs shower head, and it does...
  11. CG ANderson

Just wanted to follow up and end this thread. I had my service company come back and complete the install properly. He admitted this was the first NaviCirc they had installed. So there's that I suppose. But it definitely gets hot water to the farthest sink almost instantaneously now. The...
  12. CG ANderson

Excellent. I will be on the phone first thing Monday. I did set the internal valve back to INT. Should I also change the P.17 setting back to off? I suppose it wouldn't hurt. You have been a great teacher and helper! Chris
  13. CG ANderson

Bannerman, thank you. I will study the FB photo. I think I understand. For reference, here is what I got. Before reading your additional posts, I assumed that where my fingers are in the second image is what I am missing? Chris
  14. CG ANderson

Bannerman, thank you for this clarification. I am familiar with the diagram below. I guess I assumed this had been done by my installers since they were well aware of my house situation. We expressly spoke of how near-impossible it would be to install a dedicated return line. So I need this...
  15. CG ANderson

A laurel, and hearty hello! This is my first post here on this forum. I hope it isn't premature, as I am still learning. I have done quite a bit of searching here, and have found answers to many of my questions. But I wanted to get some more feedback to further my knowledge. I just had a Navien...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks