Recent content by C tone

1. C tone

Advise for replacing washingmachine drain pipe

I have a 60's ranch house that has a 1.5" washer drain pipe that we'd like to change to a 2" pipe, hoping that the wider pipe wont back up from using the washing machine. I have a couple of questions regarding how to go about doing this. As can be seen from the picture, we had the bottom...
  2. C tone

Kohler GP30002 or GP330002 faucet valve, any preference?

Looks like I'll be trying the 1/4 turn ceramic. Thanks for the advise.
  3. C tone

Kohler GP30002 or GP330002 faucet valve, any preference?

I'm having to replace some GP30002 brass valves on a shower, and see that they have been replaced by the new GP330002 1/4 turn ceramic valves. Which is better? You can still get the GP30002, but they are harder to find.....Is the GP330002 1/4 turn ceramic a good replacement for the brass valve?
  4. C tone

Small knock out hole in ceiling octagonal box

Is there a knock out seal that is small enough for the small holes, 3/8th inch actual size, on an octagonal ceiling box? I've tried to find one and the closest i've found is a 1/2" trade size, actuually closer to an inch. The box has the type of internal clamp that has a single screw that...
  5. C tone

Whole room electrical on off wall switch

Supposedly, the metal casing should block the AC electric field - on/off switch was supposed to accomplish the same thing. I'll find out if casing is effective.
  6. C tone

This is correct. I meant 12/2 wire, sorry for the mistake. Decided not to do the on/off switch, as apparently having everything in MC cable should do the job.
  7. C tone

I'm wiring using 20/2 MC cable. So, it sounds like I just put a switch on the 20/2 cable before any outlet and wire the switch as normal.
  8. C tone

I am putting everything in a room on one dedicated circuit and would like to be able to turn off the circuit with a wall switch in the room, any suggestions on how this can be done?
  9. C tone

Using Madison Clips with new work metal box

Is it up to code to screw in a new work box to a stud? What I've read is a bit confusing, as it seems if the screw is positioned right it's ok, but i'm not sure.
  10. C tone

I would use one with a toggle wing but there is a stud butting up against one side of the metal box. I'm replacing old boxes that are too small, and am using the same holes in the sheetrock, which all have a stud on one side. What is an "outside/outward" flange?
  11. C tone

Madison clips are made of thin flexable metal and fold over into old work boxes and hold the box in place in sheetrock - used where you can't attach to a stud. I have some boxes that I bought at lowes that have the screws on opposite corners with a little tab that sticks out, couldn't find any...
  12. C tone

I'm replacing some old too small metal outlet boxes in drywall and am planning on using Madison Clips to secure the boxes. Bought a bunch of Madison Clips at Home Depot and some metal boxes at Lowes and when I went to attach the Madison clips there were two screws with slight wings sticking out...
  13. C tone

Replacing Romex with MC flex cable - boxes and connections

Thanks for the replies. It does appear that I will need to put in bigger boxes. The boxes that are in there have rounded backs which cuts into the overall space available quite a bit. I have another question. I have a couple of outlets that were put in on a new separate grounded romex circuit...
  14. C tone

Replacing Romex with MC flex cable - boxes and connections

I am replacing some ungrounded 50 year old 2 wire romex with Metal Clad flex cable and was hoping to use the boxes that are in place. They were installed in the 1960's, 2"x3"x2 1/4" in width, height, depth. As can hopefully be seen in the picture, there is a clamp with two openings and a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks