Recent content by ben5243

1. ben5243

Can someone tell me how this was installed? (Toilet Flange)

I ripped up my tile floor and found that the toilet flange was never concreted back in and the toilet has been held down by nothing but the pipe for ~45 years. I've read up on how to fix it so my plan was to cut the flange off, install a longer 3" pipe .... and so on Looking at it a bit closer...
  2. ben5243

UPC venting questions

Well I just thought I'd swing back here and update. The drawings in my last post have one minor error - the bath and shower branch drain need to connect below the trap arm for the adjacent tub/shower. Only trap arms can connect to double fixture fittings. I sent my drawings to the building...
  3. ben5243

UPC venting questions

Decided to continue seeking help and figure out why my proposed layout is wrong. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the shower drain can't tie into the vertical section of the w.c. drain. I can't find any language in the code that prohibits this, but it seems to go against the "intent" of...
  4. ben5243

UPC venting questions

What's wrong that goes against UPC code? The 22 offsets off the p trap only drop the 2" drain 1.5" before venting. That's the only way to get some height in the joist cavity to roll up the wye and give the vent proper slope. The way I had it before had excessive slope before the vent
  5. ben5243

UPC venting questions

Circling back to this, I've drawn up the rest of the plumbing for the bathroom and what I think will pass inspection. Hoping someone familiar with UPC code could give it a once over. A plumber I talked to recommended using two 22 degree elbows right out of the p-trap to get the height needed...
  6. ben5243

UPC venting questions

Thanks! I'll get a long sweep 90 for that. I had confused medium being allowed in a horizontal to vertical connection (which is how my brain thinks about the vent), but this would be considered a vertical to horizontal connection because the direction of "flow" is down so a long sweep is needed.
  7. ben5243

UPC venting questions

I will try to contact an inspector. The last time I called the planning office with a code question they only let me talk with someone in planning who was very helpful, but not the person with the final say (inspector). I'm just trying to get as much information as possible before asking...
  8. ben5243

UPC venting questions

Also, just to clarify what I'm asking - the vent connecting to the "rolled up" wye is a dry vent because there are no fixtures upstream. Unless I'm misreading the code (totally possible, I'm very new to this) the sections UPC 905.2 - 905.3 don't seem to specifically exclude dry vents. The same...
  9. ben5243

UPC venting questions

Okay, I misunderstood the table. But the only way to upsize to 3" would be an eccentric adapter because there's no more vertical space above the p-trap (see picture in post #3) Plus the trap arm length is still limited to 6ft with 3" pipe and I need to go 7.5ft to the stack vent. The reason I...
  10. ben5243

UPC venting questions

Trap arm length is determined by trap size, not pipe size and there's no way I could fit a bigger trap. Plus 3in is still limited to 6ft and I'm about 7.5ft from the vent wall
  11. ben5243

UPC venting questions

I planned my bathroom remodel layout with the shower drain to be within 8ft of the "wet wall" where the existing vent and drains are because this is what I read online was the maximum distance allowed (by code and physics). Now I'm realizing WA state is under UPC code and the trap arm is...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks