Recent content by Akrio

1. Akrio

PEX size running to hoses

I'm going to replacing my exterior hose bibs soon and planned on increasing the PEX size of the runs. Currently they are plumbed off the main PEX 3/4" line after my softener and get downsized with PEX 1/2". I planned on doing redoing the plumbing after installing my pump and having them before...
  2. Akrio

Booster pump for home

I'm guessing it might be code which is why they installed it. I'll take a look at the inlet screen. Unless I'm running a sprinkler or two, I don't notice much of a difference in pressure when using things like the dishwasher, a few faucets, laundry, shower, etc. When sprinklers are running the...
  3. Akrio

Booster pump for home

Oh yeah sorry. I put a pressure gauge on my house, my parent's place (they have 80 PSI) and the street next to me (40 PSI). Then after that at my house and my parent's I did a 5 gallon bucket test straight out of the spigot with no hose on. It's funny every time I call the town about the water...
  4. Akrio

Booster pump for home

The sheet I have here for Duramac on the unit shows an expansion tank unless I'm wrong about that. Thanks for the recommendation and information. I'm guessing the Duramac setup is similar to the first setup explained in the video without the cycle stop valve? The PK1A kit comes with that so it...
  5. Akrio

Booster pump for home

I turned it as much as I possibly could to increase pressure (the max is 75 PSI on the pressure reducing valve) and the pressure did not move off 37 PSI at the spigot.
  6. Akrio

Booster pump for home

Whoops, so sorry I forgot to mention that. Both locations are on town water. Same town, probably 5 minutes apart although we may be connected to different sources. I'm just taking a guess here but the incoming line to the house appears to be 1" pex. After the pressure reducing valve everything...
  7. Akrio

Booster pump for home

Recently moved into a new construction home and looking for some recommendations to increase the water pressure. I moved from a house that measured 80 PSI at the spigot and could fill a 5 gallon bucket in 27 seconds. Was pretty lucky and have become to used to it. My new home I'm measuring 37...
  8. Akrio

Dirt in brine tank/settings after power loss

Was checking the salt levels in my brine tank the other day and noticed some dirt/discolouration, is this anything I should be concerned about? Or pretty typical? First photo is from 6/22. I checked again today and it seems a bit more normal. Other question is does the 5600SXT controller save...
  9. Akrio

Fleck 5600sxt 64k install questions

Thanks! Does the larger injector just get the brine into the resin tank faster? I'm guessing that's why I could do BD=37? In theory I'd get the same function more or less with it at 37 due to the size of the injector and just save time? I don't mind leaving it at 60 though since it regenerates...
  10. Akrio

Have a few more questions/curiosities. My injector is 2 and DLFC shows 3.5gpm written on it, would this influence the recommended settings? After the first install/regen I noticed a bit of a salty taste. I applied the recommended settings from here and regenerated again and noticed it’s gone. I...
  11. Akrio

Thanks. I'll make sure I get that upper basket installed this weekend or so and will reprogram the settings you suggested. Appreciate all the help and tips.
  12. Akrio

Thanks so much for answering everything! Much appreciated. I'm not sure why they recommended to not install it. For the brine line they also recommended to not have the small screen there. Not sure if that is a big or not. I'll try and get the upper basket/diffuser on the control valve as soon...
  13. Akrio

Hi, Installed my first softener (5600sxt 64,000 grain) recently and trying to get a good understanding of the regeneration process and the settings on the unit. I followed a guide from A plus water online and installed the control valve without the upper basket. I've seen some information...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks