Recent content by ajs317

1. ajs317

Correct way to connect washing machine drain to horizontal waste pipe?

Thanks, Wayne, very clear and helpful. I'll play with these options and see what's easiest to execute.
  2. ajs317

Thanks, Terry. Agree, I don’t think I need that extra 90. The picture makes sense. Appreciate it.
  3. ajs317

One other question: do I need the trap arm to extend beyond (to the right in my picture) of the vent? Or can I run the trap arm into a san tee and then have a single vertical pipe running up to the AAV and down to a wye and 1/8 bend to connect to the existing horizontal pipe?
  4. ajs317

Yes, it slopes toward the right side of the picture. I think I see what you're saying with the 45 and wye, and that makes sense. I'll try that. Any thoughts on the rest of the setup?
  5. ajs317

In that box where the hoses are connected right now. The washer drain is connected to a standpipe on a wall that's catty corner to this one. I'm moving the washer to a wall that's perpendicular to where it used to be.
  6. ajs317

I'm looking to install the drain pipe and associated vent for a washing machine as detailed in the attached picture, connecting to an existing horizontal drain pipe. I've attached a marked version of how I think it should look, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could tell me if this looks right...
  7. ajs317

Help with replacing underground oil supply line

I have an oil supply line (single line) buried in concrete somewhere underneath my basement foundation floor that runs to an outside tank. I'm in the process of finishing the basement, which will involve screwing wall plates and a plywood subfloor into the concrete floor with tapcons, so I'm...
  8. ajs317

Question on running numerous PEX runs through floor joists

Hi Terry, no reason I couldn't do that. Is fewer larger holes better than more smaller holes? I suppose one drawback would be that you couldn't use those premade abrasion clips that clip around the pipe and sit in the joist hole, but maybe there's another way to protect the PEX where it crosses.
  9. ajs317

Question on running numerous PEX runs through floor joists

I'm working on a project to replace the monoflow piping in my basement, which connects to in-wall convector units with finned tube copper in each room of the house. I'm planning on replacing the copper piping and the zone controls currently in multiple locations with 1/2" PEX home runs to a...
  10. ajs317

Can Propex be fit with a trickle of running water?

Thanks. I may give it a try and see how it goes. It's a 3/4" tube, and the rings that I use have a little stop on them that may help keep them from slipping and I have the Milwaukee tool so I'd only need a few seconds. In any case, I'll keep a sharkbite valve on hand in case I need to go that...
  11. ajs317

Can Propex be fit with a trickle of running water?

I need to insert a new ball valve into a section of my main AquaPEX water line. Unfortunately, the only valve on the line now is an old gate valve right before the water meter, and with this valve tightened all the way by hand, there is still a trickle of water flowing through. Can I cut into...
  12. ajs317

Help with repiping drain lines along basement wall

Thanks. The filter is a good idea for a temporary fix. Anyone have any thoughts on the internal piping?
  13. ajs317

The downspout is in a tough spot, and unfortunately I can't move it at this time, but it could be a project for another day. Yes, the front yard is on a slope and is tiered such that the yard is higher than the patio. Luckily the section of the pipe where it comes in won't be covered by a...
  14. ajs317

No, these pipes all connect to my septic tank, and I don't have any sump pumps or drain tile setups. I haven't done a full excavation outside along the foundation, but I'm pretty sure that the galvanized pipe connects back to a single downspout that disappears into the ground right near where...
  15. ajs317

I have two drain pipes, one galvanized steel and one copper, running the length of one of my basement walls that I would like to replace with PVC. They are currently right up against the concrete block, and I’m planning to put foam board behind them and thus move them out by a couple of inches...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks