Recent content by acicomp

1. acicomp

Verify Settings Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Unit

Did a quick iron test today with a dip stick and the color spectrum was between 0 and .3, so I think we are looking pretty low on any iron content. I will probably order and send in a sample for a more detailed test later next week.
  2. acicomp

We just had the well water tested for our VA Loan for the standard va/fha requirements but iron was not on the list of tests. I may order a Kit90 to have a more accurate picture of things. I pulled a bowl lid and didn’t see any rust color. Still won’t hurt to check it just in case I need to...
  3. acicomp

We are on well water. We just bough the house and I haven't done an iron test, so I will try to grab a kit and test tomorrow and report back. No signs of high iron or "rust" color on plumbing fixtures. I assume 21 days is fine for a well? I'll go ahead and bump up to a hardness of 8 just in...
  4. acicomp

Just picked up a Fleck 5600SXT 48K unit. Water hardness is 7 and we have 4 people in the house. I am looking for around a 6-8lb setting for the unit. The label has .5GPM 1.5lb salt per minute. It also has a #1 injector with 2.4GPM Drain Flow is that information is needed. This is how I have...
  5. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

Thanks for all the information. The tank seemed to empty properly yesterday while I did the first regeneration cycle and it seemed like everything ran fine. The water wasn't "salty" after the regeneration and the test kit showed no hard water. I'll keep an eye on it during the next regeneration...
  6. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

Thanks Bannerman for all the info. In the mean time, I have also sent Ohio Pure Water and email about the injector size. I have seen several sites that show a #2 injector listed for a 5600sxt with the 12" resin tank. I'll see what they have to say. That's an increase of almost 87% on the rinse...
  7. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

It was roughly 15 minutes to empty, but I will definitely pay closer attention next time. I have attached a pic of the 2 labels that are on the 5600sxt.
  8. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

Just curious about one more thing... Where the drain hose hooks to the 5600sxt valve, it is labeled as having 1 injector and rated at 3.5gpm. Does that have any bearing on any of the programmed settings? I figured I would ask while I was at it.
  9. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

It's funny you mentioned the amount of detergent. In my previous post, I started to say that was my third scientific test... Soap was actually lathering again. Thanks for the reminder about cutting back on detergent usage! Hard water, over time, had destroyed the dishwasher last week and we just...
  10. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

All went well and the regeneration is complete. The Fleck screen is telling me I have 2400 gallons left. I set the BW and RR to 5, and the BF to 8. While I may have "wasted" a little salt, I feel much better knowing the system is tested and everything works, including the drain. After the...
  11. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

I am assuming that checking the water is as simple as looking down the tube where the float is? We added 160lbs of salt, so I didn't think I would be able to check the water level other than that since the salt was above the initial water level. I figured it couldn't hurt to check just in case I...
  12. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

Thanks for all the input and help!
  13. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

We have 7 people in the house, which is why I chose the 15%. Roughly, the 400 gallons would be just shy of a day of usage at 420 gallons (7 people x 60 gallons per day) if we maxed out water usage for the day. Normally speaking, the 2:00am time frame is wide open, but that should leave is a day...
  14. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

Thanks. I'll make that change this afternoon. I'm still trying to learn all the brine setting and what each function does.
  15. acicomp

Fleck 5600 Settings

Hey folks. I just installed my Fleck 5600SXT 64,000 Grain (2 Cu. Ft.) and wanted to confirm my setting for efficiency. I am shooting for a 6lb rate to start with. We have 15gpg hardness and the valve is labeled .50gpm. The settings I have are as follows: DF - Gal RT - df 1b CT - Fd NT - 1 C -...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks