Verify Settings Fleck 5600SXT 48,000 Unit

Users who are viewing this thread

acicomp

Reaction score
Just picked up a Fleck 5600SXT 48K unit. Water hardness is 7 and we have 4 people in the house. I am looking for around a 6-8lb setting for the unit. The label has .5GPM 1.5lb salt per minute. It also has a #1 injector with 2.4GPM Drain Flow is that information is needed.

This is how I have set the unit and would love to get confirmation that I have it set close to right for efficiency.

Fleck 5600SXT Settings:
DF = Gal
VT = dF1b
CT = Fd
NT = 1
C = 30.0
H = 7
RS = rc
RC = 240
DO = 21
RT = 2:00
BW = 5
Bd = 60
RR = 5
BF = 6
FM = p0.7 (Paddle wheel system)

Thanks for any help!

Reach4

Reaction score
Is that well or chlorinated city water? If it is well water, how much iron is there?

You are set up nicely for city water already. You are currently set for 6 pounds/cuft of salt.

You might set H=8 if you think the hardness might go higher at times.

For 7 lb/cuft, change BF = 7 and C=33.1
For 8, change BF = 8 and C=36.0.

For city water, you could change DO to 28, but 21 is OK.

acicomp

Reaction score
We are on well water. We just bough the house and I haven't done an iron test, so I will try to grab a kit and test tomorrow and report back. No signs of high iron or "rust" color on plumbing fixtures. I assume 21 days is fine for a well? I'll go ahead and bump up to a hardness of 8 just in case. Thanks for the input!

Reach4

Reaction score
The inside of the toilet tank is a more sensitive check for iron in the water.

It would be good to get a lab water test on your raw water, so you can get more things checked.

For a water test for most wells, I like kit 90 from Kar Labs.
http://www.karlabs.com/watertestkit/

If you care about the coliform test results, care needs to be taken in
sampling. http://www.ugra.org/pdfs/SamplingHandout.pdf is one description
of a method to avoid contaminating the sample.

acicomp

Reaction score
We just had the well water tested for our VA Loan for the standard va/fha requirements but iron was not on the list of tests. I may order a Kit90 to have a more accurate picture of things. I pulled a bowl lid and didn’t see any rust color. Still won’t hurt to check it just in case I need to adjust the softener settings.

acicomp

Reaction score
Did a quick iron test today with a dip stick and the color spectrum was between 0 and .3, so I think we are looking pretty low on any iron content. I will probably order and send in a sample for a more detailed test later next week.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks