Replacement for the burnt out Taco 007-F5-1IFC circulator

Users who are viewing this thread

lmei007

Reaction score
I have a hot water heating system. Its main circulator, Taco 007-F5-1IFC was burnt out this evening due to the flange leakage. The circulators for the individual zone are Taco 007-F5-7IFC. I have a spare new 007-F5-7IFC circulator sitting in a box. I am wondering if I can use the 7IFC to replace the 1IFC? I am worried about the capacity difference between the 7IFC and 1IFC. I think the main circulator should have a bigger capacity than these branches/zone circulator, am I right? I cannot find 1IFC specs online. It seems the 1IFC is not popular anymore.

SShaw

Reaction score
I have a hot water heating system. Its main circulator, Taco 007-F5-1IFC was burnt out this evening due to the flange leakage. The circulators for the individual zone are Taco 007-F5-7IFC. I have a spare new 007-F5-7IFC circulator sitting in a box. I am wondering if I can use the 7IFC to replace the 1IFC? I am worried about the capacity difference between the 7IFC and 1IFC. I think the main circulator should have a bigger capacity than these branches/zone circulator, am I right? I cannot find 1IFC specs online. It seems the 1IFC is not popular anymore.

Those Taco circulators have a replaceable cartridge that contains all the moving parts. You can easily rebuild the circulator by dropping in a new cartridge. The cartridge part number is 007-042RP for the 007-F5-1IFC.

https://www.tacocomfort.com/documents/FileLibrary/104-110.pdf

Dana

In the trades
Reaction score
In most cases unless your electricity is 2 cents/kwh (not likely) replacing or fixing any Taco-007 with anything other than the high efficiency -007e (ECM drive) or similar high efficiency pump from other vendors would be a better investment in time & money, even if the non-ECM drive -007 or repair cartridge were free.

If by "main circulator" you're talking about the primary loop (boiler loop), the pumping head & volume required of the pump can be either higher or lower than the secondary (radiation) loops, depending on the system design & boiler type. If it's been working fine, replace it with a comparable pump, or a smart pump if you're the sort of person who likes to tweak the last 1% of efficiency out of it.

Onokai

Reaction score
I agree with Dana above-the ECM grundfus smart pumps use so much less electricity and learn your use as well.
You are miles ahead with a ECM recerculator pump than reparing that power hungry old Taco

Fitter30

Reaction score
This is a old post but you have no idea how a system is piped, comparing the pump curves, how well the tacofit the.system and taco makes E pumps. Standard 007 amps .71, E007 amp .54 point - .17 watt difference, 443.5 watts difference per 1kw
Supplyhouse price $52.46. Would i recommend a E pump yes only if the people were going to be in the house for a very long time

Onokai

Reaction score
Very true on not knowing piping system. I agree on the epumps are for folks who are staying a long time in house. Since I have been in ours for 50 years that a thought I had not thought about.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks