Waste pipe too high?

Users who are viewing this thread

T_stephens67

Reaction score
I just bought a home and I was doing some basic repairs... well the wet bar sink had no plumbing at all so I tried my best to get everything hooked up the best I could. Note: I have no plumbing experience at all. So it seems to be draining however the waste pipe is at the same height as the sink drain so water sits just below the drain. What can I do differently to fix this? Trying to avoid pulling out the drywall to move the waste pipe. I have attached a photo.

Attachments

• 20171230_210410.jpg
    20171230_210410.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 184

T_stephens67

Reaction score
You will have to cut the galvanized pipe further back and use a clamp

Won't the water still sit at the same level despite having a more shallow waste basket. I had to bring that waste pipe down from 2 inches to 1 1/2 inch to get it to fit the ptrap fittings that is way it's dropping down so far. Also all the piping is pvc they spray painted the waste pipe.

T_stephens67

Reaction score
Water HAS to obey the laws of physics, so you either raise the sink or lower the drain in the wall, if you want to hook it up "conventionally".
Right. I'm just trying to figure out how the previous homeowner delt with this for 30+ years and in the end gutted all the piping.

FullySprinklered

In the Trades
Reaction score
A thinner drain would allow you to raise the trap maybe 1.5 inches. BK makes one. Saved me a bunch of work several times.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks