Toto Sweats?

Users who are viewing this thread

vman

Reaction score
I just installed a Toto Drake.

I noticed that the tanks sweats, where the old crane didn't. Is this common?

Also, I installed the drake over an offset flange. Is this cool or do you think I'm in for some trouble down the road?

Everything seems to be working.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
If it works, there should be no reason to worry.

As to sweating - it's a combination of cold water in the tank and moisture in the room. That's why our plumbing code requires either a window or a fan to remove moisture. I worked on one today that had no fan, and being winter, the window was closed. The tank and bowl were both heavily coated with condensation.

I wiped it all off and opened the window to dry it up.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Make sure that the chain on the flapper is adjusted so there isn't much slack on it. A link could occassionally catch under it and hold the flapper up slightly and cause it to refill periodically. This frequent addition of cold water will cause this to happen. Once in awhile, the flappers weren't stored properly, and are misshapen and won't seal properly. If it isn't obvious, shut the supply valve off overnight and look at the tank level in the morning to see if it has dropped.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
I just installed a Toto Drake.

I noticed that the tanks sweats, where the old crane didn't. Is this common?

Also, I installed the drake over an offset flange. Is this cool or do you think I'm in for some trouble down the road?

Everything seems to be working.

Was the old Crane insulated? If so you might need to find a solution for your toilet sweat.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks