Witching dowsing does it work?

Users who are viewing this thread

loudhornsrule

Reaction score
I need to find water on my place, and dont want to drill all over the place to find water. Dont want to start a fight on here, but would like some input on this matter. Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I would have it witched.

Everyone has some ability in witching, but I would find someone recommended for finding water.

I use witching to find pipes when needed.

[video=youtube;UBXmqzBs-ng]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBXmqzBs-ng[/video]

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
witching

If you are a believer, then it will not be possible to convince you it does not work. If you are not one, it will never work for you. I was working on an addition one time and they were witching to find the sewer line. I told them it came out the front, but their witch said it was on the side. By the time they got done digging EVERYWHERE the witch said the sewer was, it looked like a Beirut battle zone. Each time they came up empty they said, "But there was something there." Then they dug where I told them it should be and found it.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Witching works great up here, but then again so does drilling just about anywhere. ;)

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
Witching does work, its used mostly in rock country.
I have seen it work. I know it is real. There is a man in the hill country of Tx, that will pay for your well if he's wrong.

There are not many people that can actually do it.
There are a lot that clame they can, but?

If you find one and he comes out there with two coat hangers, your on your own.

The one I saw used a willow branch. At first I called BS.
He told me to hold one side of the branch, I said ok.
When it bent in front of MY hand, and he said dig here.

The neighbor said there is no water there. He had tried to dig his well just 25 feet away.

Three days later, there was a well there that made 45 gpm. (In the spot he said dig.)

I will never doubt it again, him anyway.

Travis

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
Water Witching works!

I've been a skeptic much of my life because it doesn't work for me. My wife a Master Dowser says if I would believe in it it would work for me. Hey, if it would work for me once I would believe in it.

I've been a water well driller for sixty plus years and married to my dowser wife for fifty four years. If I want to drill a well today I'll get my wife to dowse it. It works for locating anything even to dowsing for medical problems. But I won't try to sell anyone on that.

Many drillers are dowsers. However just like drillers, some are good, some aren't and some just think they are.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
I have worked with city workers who can find pipe underground 95% of the time with coat hangers...then they hand it to me and nothing happens ...either you can do it or it won't work for you...you just don't want to find out on a customers lawn which you are....with a residential home 99% of the time it is easy to figure out where it is...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks