winterizing a large home

Users who are viewing this thread

Cheese

Reaction score
Hi Terry ! I have a large 16 room house in upstate NY that we leased out in June of 2010. The party that is leasing the house will be moving out in late fall of this year. Before we leased the house to them it had been closed for 5 years. Prior to their move in when we turned on the water, there were numerous leaks which took time and money to repair I do not want to go through this again. I want to run rv antifreeze through the system. The pressure tank is in a concrete pit about 100' from the house. Can I find a tank that I can fill with rv antifreeze and pressurize it to push the antifreeze throughout the system. I would hook the tank up in the cellar where I have a shut off valve from the well.
Regards, Bob C

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think it would be wise to pump RV antifreeze into supply lines. Better idea is to have them blown out with compressed air. With a house this size, it would be best to hire a plumber to do this. RV antifreeze in P traps and toilet traps is fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks