whirlpool style Kohler bath tub - cracked fiberglass tiles

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mf24, Apr 18, 2007.

1. mf24

mf24 New Member

I just bought this cheap and am thinking about fixing it up, can anybody give me suggestions as to what the best possible fix method

JrJ9JVFOScgxqjsThGdtvupC3ztO.jpg

zRBMeiOVPdCmRys9ri0Wf9tGSMCB.jpg

4i9B2cLKaCaJLkPmIJGzO0vrdkRM.jpg s would be thanks Mike.
  2. search inside leejosepho's posts of the last six months. He has talked a few times about how he repaired fiberglass

-david
  3. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Yellow pages,
    Under bath tubs
    You will see chip repairs. These guys can work wonders with fiberglass.
  4. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

That is certainly one effective approach, but the cost of professional repair is likely going to be more than the price of a new unit.

If there is a locally-owned and dedicated paint store nearby, and I do not mean a mere paint department in the corner of some big box on the edge of town, you might be able to find someone who could help you come up with a small amount of color-matched top-coat in an appropriate material that could be spot-applied with an air brush after the surface damage has been repaired, and an auto-body repairman (or possibly someone in a large repair shop for RVs) could help/advise you with all of that.