New sounds from acrylic tub? Or am I crazy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nelly

Reaction score
Please tell me whether I am nuts:

Yesterday, our shower curtain tension rod fell down, landing mostly outside the tub but a little on the edge.

I could swear that since this happened, I am hearing very slight creaking sounds when I step into certain areas of my acrylic tub that I didn't heard before. The surface of the tub looks totally fine; there is no visible damage from the rod falling. Is there any possibility that the rod falling could cause hidden damage to the tub? Like, the underside? Can that even happen? Or is it more likely that I just never noticed the sounds before? (I was in "inspection mode" following the incident.)

It's a relatively new install, less than 6 months in. There is a mortar bed (structolite), but I don't think the bed makes perfect contact throughout the entire bottom surface. I never noticed sounds before this, but, it's possible that this was my first time walking on it without the sound of the shower water running to cover it up.

And are sounds necessarily going to lead to cracks someday?

Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks