water flow problems

Users who are viewing this thread

loretta71

Reaction score
Help! I have a jet pump for my dug well. The pump runs all the time day and night wether or not the water is being used for about 2 minutes each time. The pump is hot to the touch . I recently replaced the pressure tank thinking that was the problem but it wasn't. When I turn my tap on we can't get water out of any other tap in the house. The water flow will start out normal and slowly start to go(like you where turning off the tap) I never loose the flow completely it just trinkles out, then it will get more water flow and then trinkle again. To fill my tub takes about 1/2 hour. If I turn the tap off and wait a few minutes the flow will return to normal but only for about 5 minutes. The pressure guage says about 45 when the water is running and I never loose my prime, just the flo of water. I checked the well and my well is full of water so it isn't lack of water or setiment. I think it is either the jet pump or foot value but no sure. Someone help! This is getting very frustrating.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The pump runs all the time day and night wether or not the water is being used for about 2 minutes each time.

I guess this means your pump is cycling on and off every 2 minutes, even when you are not using water?

If so, then yes either the foot valve or something else is leaking back.

If there is a leak between the pump and the house, this could also be why you don't have good water flow.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks