Well casing seam to be leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

sdaniel 81 1012

Reaction score
I am need of some help. I have a 2" galvinized casing for my well. I am not sure of the depth of the well it was on the property when we purchased it. So the well pump went bad and I replaced it with a Zoeller 1 hp convertible jet pump. The system is a one pipe deep well jet pump system. After I replace the the pump about two weeks later I notice water coming out of the ground beside the casing. It may be the casi g is bad. However, I feel that I have plumbed wrong some how. The pump will kick on at around 18 psi and kick off at 30 psi. The pump draws water fine. The pump cycles every minute. I feel like there is to much pressure being put back to casing to push the water up. Are the casing supposed to be pressurized in these sytems. Could some explain how these system work. Thanks in advanced.

Bannerman

Reaction score
You said "The system is a one pipe deep well jet pump system", which would signify, there are two pipes connected between the pump and an adaptor located at the top of the casing. That type of system is shown below in the diagram on the far right.

The smaller diameter pipe connected to the pump, delivers pressurized water from the pump, directly into the well casing above the cup leathers (seals). The packer ejector functions as a venturi so the pressurized water flowing through the hole in the side, creates suction to draw water through the foot valve, allowing a nozzle to propell the water upwards to assist the pump to draw up the deep water which could not be drawn by suction alone.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yes the casing is under pressure when using a packer system. A hole in the casing will let water out and the pressure will drop even when no one is using water.

PK1A Deep Well Jet Packer.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks